Thread: Hunker down, Tulsa

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Hunker down, Tulsa

Forty elebben minutes till storm hits, or less. Thunder to the west.

Be here tonight.

Clear out by tomorrow when I need to pack my stuff for weekend.

Hunker down Tulsa-ites.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Okies aren't the only ones....our local weather guppy says we might get 80 mph gusts, tonite....Day'um, guess I better clean the crickets and spiders outta the tornado shelter.
    Southern Gentleman

I hope it rains like a cow pissing on a flat rock.

then again, I'm headed to Arkansas for a four day weekend of trout fishing on Thursday. Be my luck the river will be 10 foot over normal after I get there.

the one year anniversary of blowing out my knee in the Norfork. This year I'm gonna kick its ass.

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    We got heavy rain and thunder here right now. Rained pretty hard most of the night. Got flood warnings out due to the rain and the snow melt. It's actually 54 degrees here now, but expected to be back into the teens in a couple of days.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Last edited by Buckrub; 01-29-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

We NEEEEEEED the rain here badly. Lakes are a foot below noormal level. And late goose opens up Friday!
    soft fields make for messy but good goose hunts.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Supposed to be here tomorrow afternoon. In the mean time, we're in for a couple of beautiful days.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Tulsa----

KA BOOM

We had a hard rain with half dollar sized drops for about thirty minutes. Its raining steady now. Looks like its going train right up I 44 which is usually a good sign for us. Its been almost five months since we've had a one inch rain. Its so dry we're doin' rain dances.

BKB

I had heard that there could be significant 'nader action (Not the green party candidate). Did that happen or is it all past now?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Big circle storms predicted for tonight here. Even straight line winds to be around 80. Posthead got the "cold side" of it. It's 75 here, and by the time it gets here, it will have been in the oven all day. That spells disaster.

I love storms.

BUT, I gotta go to S. Ark Thursday for my annual 5 day mud riding, pig shooting, hard living, huge eating, loud event. And the Ouachita river was close to flood stage at Calion not long ago, and it rained there a day or so ago. One big storm/rain and we may have to float our wheelies in..........and getting around down there will be a.......um........'challenge'......

No naders or watches or warnings I don't think here. I've just been watching the radar though. It all looks garden variety to my practiced Okie weather eye and likely will be over a lot quicker than we want it to.

BKB