Thread: See if I remember how to post.

See if I remember how to post.

My pet peeve of the day.
    There is a great app call Car Guru where you can search for whatever distance you want to look for any truck, new or used.
    It’s great and handy as a side pocket.
    It will basically narrow down your truck and send you updates every day of additional ones fitting your search info.

I usually get between 7 and 15 a day that meet what I’m looking for within a 200 mile radius of Charlotte.
    Really good..... so far.
    If you want more info on the truck there is a button to click on and it will text the dealership and give them your phone number and email address and any narrative you input.

2 things dealers don’t list are: What engine is in the truck. They just list V-8. Not which V-8, and also they don’t tell you what bed length is on the truck. Some you can tell if the picture is sideways enough but some you cannot.

So I’m always texting dealers wanting to know these two things.

As soon as I do some (but not all) dealers will send you about 3 emails and call your cell and start texting you to death telling you everything in the world EXCEPT what you asked for.

So this is what I copy and paste into each one now:

I have two questions about the truck listed.
    Which V-8 engine is in the truck the 5.3 or the 6.2?
    What is the Bed length?

There is no use in calling my cell number as I don’t answer calls from unknown numbers. So save your time. I keep my cell phone for my connivence not anyone else’s.
    Text if you like. This is actually the best way to get me the information. I check it between working cows, Turkey hunting, fishing and generally enjoying retirement and reaching the ripe old age of being able to tell folks what I think. I’ll see it sometime.
    No need to seed me a long email, about what a great choice I have made in selecting this truck.
    I don’t need a pen pal or convincing of anything.
    If you will just answer the two questions above and if they are in my wheelhouse I have your number.
    Thanks
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    car salesmen are a poor mans politician
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    car salesmen are a poor mans politician
    Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

But what about the survey?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

So, you sign up for an easier way to narrow down your truck of choice.... but you don’t care for two of the three ways the communicate to you?
    Maybe you just ought to drive your ass around a 200 mile radius from Charlotte and go in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must be really hard to find after market spinners these days.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    But what about the survey?

BKB
    The Verizon is strong in this one.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I see Toyota is making a truck for you fellas that want a truck but use it like a car.
    4A551A7A-45DA-4152-9521-14799335F59D.jpg
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I see Toyota is making a truck for you fellas that want a truck but use it like a car.
    Ha ha ha! You just HAD to drag me into this, didn't you? I used to attend the off-road races with the Bill Stroppe team. Willie Stroppe (Bill Sr's son and partner) was a close friend of mine (still is actually) and I can't tell you how many races I attended with he and the crew. In fact, they stayed here at my house, with the transporter parked in my driveway, when they were down here for the St. Pete Grand Prix. The point is, I know how grueling the SCORE races can be and one of the most brutal, is the Baja 1000 (actually 1275 miles off-road, 1000 miles by road). I used to shake my head at the crazies who would enter Baja in the "bone stock" class. (I called 'em suicidal) These were basically trucks right off the showroom floor and were only allowed to upgrade to the required safety equipment. The detailed tech inspection guaranteed the lines weren't crossed. Not many had the balls to enter that class, but if they did, their chances of finishing were pretty dismal. What's this got to do with Toyota? Well, along came a few bozos with big enough nut-sacks to enter the stock class with Toyotas! They didn't have much competition as the only entries were a Toyota Tundra Pro, a Toyota Land Cruiser, a Ford F-150 Raptor SVT and a Hummer H1, so I guess Dodge and Chevy owners were askeered) (I suppose, technically, you could call GM's Hummer the token Chevy entry)

Well, here's the write-up after the Baja race:

The Toyota Tundra TRD Pro team claimed victory at the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 race in the full stock class. While the truck performed flawlessly mechanically, the exterior took a beating. Here's what we know.

The Tundra TRD Pro team finished first among four teams with a time of 35:40:40.581 according to SCORE, the sanctioning body of the race. The Toyota Land Cruiser (200 series) team came in second with a time of 36:30:06.529. The other two teams driving a Ford F-150 Raptor SVT and a Hummer H1 didn't finish. During the first day, the TRD Pro team was able to open a small lead over the other Toyota team. Both the Hummer and Ford teams quickly fell behind. Both of those vehicles eventually developed mechanical issues that forced them to drop out of the race. The only issue the TRD Pro team had was having to change a blown tire. Overnight the TRD Pro team faced its largest obstacle. Damage occurred to the driver's side when the truck got caught on a stuck vehicle, resulting in sheet metal tearing. Although the damage looked bad, it didn't stop the truck from speeding to victory.
    A trio of chase vehicles including a 4Runner, Tacoma and Tundra made the trip down to Baja and provided the race truck with fuel, tires and crew support. To add insult to injury, as the other competitors loaded their vehicles onto their trailers and transporters, the Toyota team drove the 1000 miles back to the starting line.

So, it's ok, you can paint bad-ass any color you want .... remember Rick Flair?

rickflair.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I could have won money on it.
    I knew I could rattle your cage this morning.

Oh, I thought that rattling noise was just a new Chevy rolling down the road!

Hey, Cap, be sure to get vibrator/massaging seats.....they're the cat's tits !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Do you have to put a quarter in like the old Magic Fingers?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Do you have to put a quarter in like the old Magic Fingers?BKB

Ha ha ha! Yeah, those are one of those obscure deals the younger generation will never experience. BTW, an old used motel unit just sold on The Bay for over $150. Who'da thunk it back in the day?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coin-Operat...gAAOSworNcLVHn

That’s prolly more than it made in revenue in its life.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!