I just ordered something on-line as a gift for Lynn's mom in L.A. We're going to be there for Mother's Day, but decided this thing is a bit bulky to carry on the plane with us, so we decided to ship it directly to her although it's a little early. WTF???? The "good" price we found it for on-line, immediately went to a "not so good" price when I changed the shipping address from here to California. WTF? The price jumped almost 10%! Ok, not taking into account Federal and State income taxes, their frigging sales tax is 9.5 frigging percent!!!

I looked it up.

Cal. State tax - 6%
County tax - 0.25%
"Special Rate" - 3.25%

DOUBLE WTF??? "Special Rate"?? Oh, that's the $$$ they can suck out of on-line sales!

Damn! Up to 12%-13% California State income tax (I know it varies depending on income, so that would be high for an average, but I'm venting here).
Throw in another 25% - 35% for Federal income tax and WHAT'S LEFT??

I suppose they need that extra cash to take care of all those poor souls stuck in their sanctuary cities, so they'll just keep electing the likes of Nancy P. I guess. What a bunch'a maroons!

In comparison, our State Sales tax is 6% with a 1% county tax. Not low, not high ... at least there's no "Special Tax"! Oh, and btw, I can't really complain about that 7% sales tax ... we have zero, zip, nada State Income Tax!