Thread: Are you f'ing kidding me?

Are you f'ing kidding me?

I just ordered something on-line as a gift for Lynn's mom in L.A. We're going to be there for Mother's Day, but decided this thing is a bit bulky to carry on the plane with us, so we decided to ship it directly to her although it's a little early. WTF???? The "good" price we found it for on-line, immediately went to a "not so good" price when I changed the shipping address from here to California. WTF? The price jumped almost 10%! Ok, not taking into account Federal and State income taxes, their frigging sales tax is 9.5 frigging percent!!!

I looked it up.

Cal. State tax - 6%
    County tax - 0.25%
    "Special Rate" - 3.25%

DOUBLE WTF??? "Special Rate"?? Oh, that's the $$$ they can suck out of on-line sales!

Damn! Up to 12%-13% California State income tax (I know it varies depending on income, so that would be high for an average, but I'm venting here).
    Throw in another 25% - 35% for Federal income tax and WHAT'S LEFT??

I suppose they need that extra cash to take care of all those poor souls stuck in their sanctuary cities, so they'll just keep electing the likes of Nancy P. I guess. What a bunch'a maroons!

In comparison, our State Sales tax is 6% with a 1% county tax. Not low, not high ... at least there's no "Special Tax"! Oh, and btw, I can't really complain about that 7% sales tax ... we have zero, zip, nada State Income Tax!

Your curmudgeon is showing.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Awww, bite me! At my age, I’ve earned the right!

Figure this out. The item I ordered is coming out of Gardena, California. (Keep the name of that city in the back of your head) I was going to have it sent here (California to Florida) for a total of $46.00 and change. Well heck, to make things easier, I decided to ship it directly to Mom. Who happens to live in .... wait for it .... Gardena, California! I hit the purchase button and all of a sudden the price is $51.00+ frigging bucks! What a joke. Oh well, they’re paying over $4/gal. for gas, so what’s the big deal with a frigging 10% sales tax? Sheesh.

I figured you’d have a tax stamp by now being the burdgeoning entrepreneur you are.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Naaa, then it wouldn't be "hidden income". Like a Mexican taco stand operator, I'm an "undocumented entrepreneur"!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Well, Thump, just take comfort, knowing that some of your Calif. tax money will go to Pelosi.....she prolly needs a bigger supply of wrinkle cream, hair color, pointy shoes, and summer's eve, anyway.
    Southern Gentleman

Awwww man! It's too early for that shit! I was with you 'til you mentioned the Summer's Eve ... then I threw up in my mouth a little bit. (Ok, a LOT)

barf.jpg

HA, yeah, I figured that would induce a big ole gag reflex from you.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I'm curious as to how a couple of genteel southern gentlemen like you even knew that such a product existed much less the name of it. I had to google it to find out what it was.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

HA, QA, you answered your own quershun.....we are, indeed, "genteel southern gentlemen", and keep informed about our lady's nice necessities and accessories.....heck, we even know that our ladies like for us to shower, at least once a week, too.....however, they'll sometimes give us a mulligan on that one, if we've been working outside in the rain.
    Southern Gentleman

That's one thing I do religiously, I shower every Saturday night whether I need it or not.

Southern Gentleman