Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Math Question

$4.50 for a dozen frigging eggs!!!!! Sheeesh! You REALLY are blonde!

P-hole ... Brown eggs ... white eggs ... there ain't no difference except in yer noggin. I think we had this discussion here once before.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    I don't like paying that Thump, but there's no place around here with organic brown, mix colored eggs.
    I miss that lady and all her organic fed animals.

Until I can find another organic chicken farmer, I'm stuck.
    We only eat brown or mixed colored organic eggs.

For those, that haven't had an organic fresh egg, there is a big difference in taste and color of yoke.

I beg to differ about taste difference and healthier between regular eggs and the colored eggs.

The green ones are the best. Don't know which hen lays the green ones.
    Blues next in line for favorite.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Every study says "organic" food makes not one whit of difference.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

'cept in your haid! It's one of those "California things" that spread across the country. An egg is a frigging egg .. the only difference is, ya' get's fresh ones ... or ya' gets not so fresh ones ... depends on where ya' buys 'em. A chicken's ass is a chicken's ass no matter how ya' look at it.

This is good! Ya' gots ta' love Penn & Teller!

It doesn't mean a whit unless you care about stuff like pesticides and fertilizers. the 'organic' label as its currently used has been really stretched, mainly by the big food producers so that its a lot more meaningless. Still, if you can eat whole foods grown without that bullshit and preferably grown in your region by farmers and not processed, it is much healthier.

Otherwise, continue to eat your velveeta cheese sammiches.

and Thump, yes there is a difference between brown eggs and white eggs, at least the ones we get here. for somebody who claims not to be able to cook, you sure claim to know a lot about cooking.

BKB

The eggs I get from down the road (local fresh) are a va-zillion times better than any at the grocery store
    Taste is night and day.
    They're brown mostly but the white ones are night and day different too.

God will prolly kill me, but I agree with Thump.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I may not be a "cook", but I can sure cook a frigging egg! Besides, we're not talking about COOKING here ... we're talking about EATING ... and I consider myself an expert in THAT field!

I saw a special on one of the Food Channel shows (it stays glued to that channel if Lynn's home) and it said the "pesticide free organic" b/s is just that ... b/s. One of those investigative thingies I think. I'll see if I can find something about it. As for taste ... hogwash ... there ain't no frigging difference 'cept in yer haid (did I already say that?)

Man's getting smarter all the time. He never agrees with me, but hey. Look, Jack, the man knows his eggs, ok?

Y'all are all eggsackly iggurnunt on this subject. My main man Thump is the MAN. Listen to him.

Ha ha! I just started looking and I was overwhelmed with all that's out there. The "general" consensus seems to be "organic" is for the tree-huggers ... no other real benifit other than thinking you're saving planet earth.

The FIRST thing that popped up is something for Barry's brown egg argument though ...

Brown eggs: They’re associated with being more natural and nutritious. The reality? It’s simply the breed of the hen that determines the color of the eggs.

Worth any extra cost? No. There’s no significant nutritional difference between white and brown eggs, and brown eggs aren’t more “natural” than white. The main reason brown eggs tend to cost more is that the hens that lay brown eggs are larger, and therefore require more feed.

I'm gonna bail out'ta here and hop in the shower. I think this is nothing but one of those Ford/Chevy type arguments. We ALL know Toyota is the best ... it's just that some have the "perception" they buy the better truck at their local Chevy/Ford dealer!

it has nothing to do with saving planet earth. it has to do with eating pesticide and fertilizer free stuff. and I can crack a brown egg and a white on in a pan and show you the damned difference. the brown egg yolks are dark yellow, almost orange, and the white ones are pale ass sickly yellow. also the brown yokes hold together and the white one break if you just look a them.

Yoke integrity. that's what its all about man. and the hens that lay brown eggs are smarter.

BKB

That same issue was addressed on the net also. Smarter??? Surely you aren't talking about Okie chickens, are you? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Thumper. You are unhinged.

BKB

UNHINGED???? Hey! Wait a dang minute. Ummmm, is that better or worse than deranged?

See? See what he does?? Typical Liberal Commie Pinko argument tactic. He has NO logical argument whatsoever, but can't stand or admit he's wrong, so he reverts to name calling. THEN he'll say "no, I didn't call you a name...........". No, he just blatantly implied one. So he's not truthful either.

And you're gonna buy eggs from this man? Really?

P.S.
    I'm taking out of date Kroger yellow-carton white eggs to make pancakes with. So phttthhhpphhhh.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    I'll tell you this.. up until about a year ago I ate deer steak and eggs for breakfast almost *every* morning. I eat them, poached, soft-boiled or fried. I now have switched to a bowl of bran flakes and blueberries or oatmeal (seldom) every other morning. I have a friend who keeps a few chickens. He lets them out to have the run of the place during the day and locks them up at night. Feeds them a little cracked corn - other than that they are on their own. There is *no* comparison in what Barry calls "yoke" integrity or in *flavor* between "dirt chicken" eggs and styrofoam carton eggs.

And if you haven't had a "dirt chicken" to eat in the past 10 years - you've forgotten what chicken tastes like.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Ddi we ever get to figuring our how much pancake batter to buy?
    I say go with the premixed stuff. Buy 10 boxes. If ya have any left over, take it home.

You guys make me NEED a drink...
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.