Thread: HH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

HH

That is a very cool story! We are starting to get a few eagles in this area. There are at least two known nesting pairs here now. It’s still really cool when you see one.

I can remember when I was a young kid, it was a big deal to see many deer. If someone saw a big group of whitetails it was passed along and there would be lots of people driving the area to try to see them for themselves. Now they are everywhere and the county I live in is always near the top in the state for the number of deer taken each year.

Then when I was in high school, it was the same way with turkeys. It was a big deal when the numbers got high enough to open a hunting season. The first few years it was just in select areas of my county, now there are so many, we have a Spring and Fall season and it’s no big deal to see a turkey.

We are even starting to see a few bobcats and the state re-introduced river otters a few years ago and their population is growing too.

It sure seems like conservation efforts are working at least in my neck of the woods despite all of the doom and gloom you hear about climate change and the fate of nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeputyDog; 05-12-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."