Thread: "How high is the water gonna get, momma???".....

"How high is the water gonna get, momma???".....

Well, down here, the crawfish are seeking higher ground, under my carport.....almost stepped on this one, when I walked outside in the dark, last night.

carport crawfish.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Two foot high and arisin
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    We just "crested" - for the moment.. Record high just above me..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

No need for a rain gauge, down here.....I just kick over a 5 gal. bucket, when it gets full.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Been dryer than the proverbial popcorn fart here on the 'Wet' Coast. We have had a fraction of our normal spring rain this year and I'm actually watering the lawn already. If this dry weather keeps up we're gonna have a lot of forests burning in a month or so.

The northernmost lake on the Arkansas, Kaw Lake near Ponca City, is 33 ft above normal and rising. They’re a foot and a half before water hits their spillway. They’re holding it because the next one down, Keystone near Tulsa, is 19 1/2 ft above and rising even with Kaw being held. There is already flooding downstream and they’ve pretty much closed down the Ark River navigation system downstream from us already from high water.
    We’re gonna have to flush soon! Look out Arkansas.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

The Bonnet Carre Spillway in New Orleans was re-opened, Friday.....this is the first time in the spillway's 90 year history, that it's been opened twice in the same year.....the Bonnet Carre's opening will give some relief to those MS River flood-inundated areas in southern MS and LA.
    Southern Gentleman

The average annual rainfall for my area is 52 inches.....that's easy to remember.....52 weeks in a year=1 inch per week.
    Just got a rainfall report from the COE.....from 1-1-19 thru 5-12-19 we've already received 44 inches of rain, and we've still got almost 8 months left to go.....pretty sure we're gonna break the average, this year.
    Southern Gentleman

Wet here too but not dealing with flooding.
    Lots of rain making hay cutting very hard.
    The ground is so wet it’s not pulling the moisture out of the cut hay on the ground.
    What normally takes about 3 days to dry is taking 5 days. And we don’t have a five day spread where we don’t have rain. So it all gets wet again. Got a pile of money in fuel cost just teddin’ the hay trying to dry it.
    Hope you get some relief soo Edward.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!