Thread: Trip Report

Trip Report

Egghead and I went up to the Susquehanna river in PA this past weekend with two other buddies to fish with guides on one of the best smallmouth rivers on the east coast. We tent camped Friday, had a beer or 10 and woke up early to have a good camp breakfast and head upriver to meet the guides at the launch. During all this, keeping an eye on the incoming weather front and the rain it was bringing with it. The weather was great for fishing, a little too sunny but better than the alternative.

We got in to 'em pretty good! The quality of fish we caught was out-friggin'-standing! These things were freaking FOOTBALLS. AS the day went on, it was clear we were going to be slammed with rain, rain all night, followed by even heavier rain when we were breaking camp and packing up. One of our guides offered up his cabin to us if we wanted to pack up and head his way. We didn't really want to, but the soaking alternative was enough to get us going and strike camp less than 24 hours of setting up. after a full day on the river, we were moving at the pace of the Bataan death march

All in all and GREAT trip!! Here some pics in case you forgot how good looking I am. Anyone know if we have a fishing forum?

IMG_9912.jpgIMG_9924.JPGIMG_9894.jpgIMG_9895.jpgIMG_9894.jpg
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Crap... Anyone got Bwana's sisters number?
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I hear HH is tutoring that lesson now.
    Those are some footballs! What did they have you fishing with, depth, temp, etcetc etc.

Details man!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Man, nice fish and good company! Rumor has it there may have been some cherry juice involved...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I’ve heard we have a fishing forum, although I’ve never actually seen it. I DO see one thing the Secret Committee should put on their “to-do list” THOUGH, and that would be to open a “Direct Line to Bwana’s Sister Forum”!

How many pair of glasses did you lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Now I see how he keeps losing them, he’s upside down and sideways in the boat no wonder he can’t keep them on.

I get them things would be some good filets released in grease!
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

BBP, all fish got stuck using small tubes or spinnerbaits. The other boat that went with us had success with the Ned rig as well.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Sounds like a ball.. The whole "picture" thing is a curse from the red gods.. They hate cell phones, too. Never had the issue when I was using the camera.. and.. if someone emails me a pic - I can post it without issue.. "Smart phones" .. my ass..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    Sounds like a ball.. The whole "picture" thing is a curse from the red gods.. They hate cell phones, too. Never had the issue when I was using the camera.. and.. if someone emails me a pic - I can post it without issue.. "Smart phones" .. my ass..
    HH, I found this picture of a crazy man on the innerwebs. Possibly a denizen of the Dark Web. I thought it went well with your rant though!

BKB

8E2FB944-D6BC-4AB0-BC8F-F5E71147FC80.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!