Thread: How does that happen so fast?

How does that happen so fast?

While much of the country is dealing with flooding issues, it's been the opposite here. Lately, it's been as dry as the proverbial popcorn fart. I don't water, fertilize or touch in any way, my grass ... I only have it mowed just before it gets deep enough for the neighbors to complain.

Anyway, just Saturday, Lynn walked across the yard and made a comment the grass is actually "crunchy". I love it! I don't have to pay for mowing! Needless to say, the yard has been a shit brown color for quite some time lately.

Well, late last evening, we got a pretty good rain. Not a ton, but just enough for a good soaking. When I walked out the door early this morning, the frigging grass is lush and as pretty a green as you could ask for. Now, it had just been (literally) a few hours since it rained. How the "F" does grass perk up and change color so rapidly? Ok, I know the process, but it's practically instantaneous. It doesn't seem possible.

Crap! Now I'm gonna haf'ta call my yard guy.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

How does that happen so fast?

We got just over a half inch of rain early this morning, not that we needed any.

I saw on a local news station yesterday that the last four day stretch without any precipitation in my area was January 4-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    My yard in Arizona is front rocks, and back turf. It has virtually no up keep other than spraying a weed here and there......Try That

If I sprayed the weeds, I’d have no yard!

Ha, this conversation is right up Thump's alley....."weed and grass".
    Southern Gentleman