I walked out of the house at about 6:00 am this morning and a little something next door immediately caught my eye. A frigging "flock" of flamingos were feeding in his front yard! Then I noticed they weren't moving. I walked over to get a closer look and there's a sign in the yard informing him he'd been flocked. I called him (he's an old retired Sheriff's deputy) as he goes out for breakfast EVERY morning around 6:45-7:00 am. I told him to look out of his front window.

He came out and had no clue what was going on. One of the "birds" had a note hanging from it's neck explaining that he'd just been flocked by our local garden club and in order to have the birds removed, a $10 "donation" to the garden club would be appreciated. I told him the heck with that, I can think of two other choices. Sue them for extortion, or better yet, I'll sell them on eBay for $10 apiece and split the profit with him!

Anyway, the donation is of course voluntary and the note says they'll pick the birds up this afternoon. They also asked if he could suggest a friend of his and they'd flock him/her next. Of course I told him if he suggests me, we will immediately cease to be friends!

We then wondered when the heck they did this. I go to bed late and they weren't there when I checked on the outside cats before turning in, and as I said, they were out there early this morning, so I'm not sure when the flock flew in. I told him to check his security cameras to see when they showed up and he said, "Good idea! Maybe he'll recognize somebody ... like a new EX-friend!"

IMG_0466.jpg