Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
Here’s how to hire an accountant. Ask him what 2+2 is.

If he says 4, make him jr accountant.
If he say 5, make him sr accountant.
If he says ‘What do you want it to be.’ make him controller. BKB
Ha! You don't know how much truth there really is in that statement P-hole. In the mid-80's, I started a new job at a Caddie dealer in Glendale, California (Los Angeles) and the owner, GM and all department managers had a mandatory meeting once a month. The sole purpose was to present our projected sales for the upcoming month. In my first meeting, I received some big frowns from the brass. "Why so low", they asked? I'd spent hours crunching numbers before the meeting and thought it was a reasonable projection. Then they asked me to "re-think" my numbers and report back to the GM asap. Eventually, I told them what they wanted to hear and all was fine. At the end of the month, it turned out I was spot on with my INITIAL projection. Then we had (my) second meeting and I offered my projection for the following month. Same dog and pony show. They didn't want to hear what I presented to them, so I threw in some bogus numbers to make them happy. I never ONCE had them ask me why I never met projection. All they wanted to hear, was what they WANTED to hear in those bogus, time and effort wasting meetings! At least I finally got to the point I never had to waste my time seriously crunching numbers. Instead of spending hours preparing my report, I'd throw one together literally minutes before our monthly meeting. What a joke.