Got's ta' do it ... shoot me for being thorough, but I don't wanna get nailed for "false advertising".

Seriously, it became more of a "curious" type of research after a while. What started out as, what I THOUGHT would be, a quick, simple research project, turned out to be a bit confusing, but "interesting" at the same time. I had no clue there is no official measurement for a CUP of coffee! TBH, that's part of the fun I have on this eBay gig, I learn about stuff I'd never known before. Some are more interesting than others though. Did YOU know there is no standard for a "cup of coffee"? Let's say you want to purchase a 12-cup coffee brewer for large family gatherings. You narrow your search down to three different units at exactly the same price, then decide on one. Once you get it home, you discover it will only make 8 cups! To make matters worse, one of the brewers you decided NOT to purchase, actually made the 12 as advertised and the other one you culled from the list makes 10. Same price, same quality ... would you feel you got screwed? Just askin'.

In my case above, if I simply listed my decanter with no volume mentioned, one, it simply would not sell because any potential buyer would have no clue what he's buying. OR ... I'd receive a bazillion emails from potential buyers asking how many cups the decanter holds. I'd have no answer for them other than ... "Duh! I don't know."