Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
I would suspect if you sent it in you could just use my address as the return address and they would never know.
Yeppers, my thoughts persactly. I just wasn't sure if you wanted to see it first. Here's the catch. If you have other Cutco's that have not been refurbished, you may want this one shipped directly to you. As I said, I usually just keep my Cutco's until I have a pile of them, then send them in for a refurb before selling on eBay. I've just started my new box because a guy wanted to buy all my non-refurbished knives a while back. He gave me a good price, so we made a deal. (he'd bought a knife from me before, so we had each other's contact info, then did an under the table deal eliminating eBay) I've started a new box, but only have 3 knives so far. Here's how their deal works. You have to ship it to them (one shipping charge) and enclose return shipping. The return shipping is like $10 (don't remember persactly) for 1-10 knives, something like $12 or $13 for 10-20 knives, etc. etc. SO, if you have some Cutco's already that have not been refurbished, it would cost you the same whether you do 1 or 10 knives. I'm on the retail side, so the pennies add up with any volume at all. To do a refurb on ONE knife ends up costing me an additional $15 (or I can do 10 for the same price). If you'd like this one "as-is", I'd take $40 and I'd pay the shipping to you. Then if you can put together 10 knives at home, you could have them ALL done for the same as what I'd have to tack on to the price for the ONE knife. If you want me to ship it to CUTCO and have them forward it, I'd need to come in at $50. What'cha think?

The one I have is the vintage CUTCO with the brown swirl handle (most think it's black). The modern version is in CUTCO's catalog at $149.00. I know that doesn't mean squat, but the #1725 is still available new.

https://www.cutco.com/products/produ...em=french-chef