Thread: Well here I go

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar

Well here I go

Leaving early in the morning for my annual mud-riding, gun-shooting, grease-eating, nasty, dirty, wheely water adventure at my buddy's deer camp.

I got out of this camp in the 90's cause it was too hard to get around. It's at the end of a road that dead ends at the Ouachita River, and the river makes a big "U" with their camp in the middle. High water, they can hunt about half their land. Low water all of it. It was low water all year, but right now it's raging!!! I figure I'll finish tearing up this wheely totally on this trip.

I maybe packed my camera. I can't find it, so prolly I did! Either way, I have my phone, which is a better camera than my camera. Usually I'm too busy trying to keep from drowning to take pics, but I'll try. Some of the trails are through water up to your armpits in a wheely...........and the young guys think it's fun........ugh. Cold, too.

Me and my bud are staying an extra day or two. He can't decide whether to retire or not, but he's got more money than Santa Claus, so he doesn't care if he works or not. Not sure anyone would notice if he DID retire! Anyway, we're going to go a day early and get set up before the 22 screaming yahoos show up.........and stay a day or two (or three or four) later, to hog hunt. They're overrun with the bastages. So, gonna try and get me a pork chop or two. Five bags of corn left over..........

I don't know when I'll be back. Maybe Tuesday. Maybe Thursday. Maybe March. Maybe not.

Whatever.

P.S.
    When I loaded the dang wheely, it blew smoke like an indian. I dunno. Maybe I bought a pig in a poke. Not sure what to do about it. It is a good machine, does what I need it to do, but I don't want the motor blowing up on me prematurely. I got some 10W40 to take along. We'll see. But I ain't real happy about now. That new Gator 850i sure looks nice. I wish Posthole would loan me $18,000......
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I will do it in a heartbeat. 20% interest compounded semi-daily.

I leave early in the AM for four days of trout fishing on the White and Norfork. Gonna be cold, so cold I hope it keeps the dang crowds away. Feb 1st is the day they open the area up by the dam so there'll be a gozillion Orvis clad idiots up that way. Maybe if it rains or sleets or naders it'll make it fishable. Gots my flannel lined jeans and coveralls and waders and waffle shirts and fancy felt bottomed boots all packed and getting ready to start fondling tackle for he rest of the evening.

Good luck, Bucky! Kill a big sow! Don't get stuck.
    BKB

WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Dang, I can't that link to open. I've been googling and checking flows. Appear to be on about a three day cycle of generating and then shutting them off. We're expecting a day or tow of each.
    I talked to an old gentleman there last year that told me they were going to start maintaining a minimum flow over there so the rainbows could naturally spawn. The White Hole folks said that hasn't started yet. You know anything about what the holdup is? Congress already passed necessary bill a year ago. That's going to improve that fishery a bunch when they do and have native rainbows in there instead of just stockers.

BKB