Thread: Ha ha! Here's a good one.

Ha ha! Here's a good one.

I was just dealing with a guy on eBay from Soddy Daisy, Tennessee. WTF??

I had to look it up to see if he was for real. According to Google, the town of Soddy and the town of Daisy merged back in the 60's to become Soddy Daisy. Ooookaaaay.

Sorry, I just got a giggle out of it ... now that I re-read the post, it doesn't seem as funny as it did earlier. BUT ... it's slooooow as "F" around this joint lately, so who's gonna see this post anydamnway?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I was in the AF with a guy who always said he was from Balls Crossing, Va. Sure enuf there is a neighborhood with that name in Arlngton.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

MS has some weird ones, too....

Chicken Bone
    Possum Neck
    Why Not
    SoSo
    Panther Burn
    Rolling Fork
    Duck Hill
    Southern Gentleman

Yep, we've had these posts before. My favorite has always been from a girl I dated in High School when I lived in Mississippi. She was a tiny little thing and I called her "Little-Bit". She sure was a "peach"! (sorry, can't help myself sometimes) Odd, I remember all that, but for the life of me, I can't even remember her real name right now. She was from Climax, Georgia. I remember her telling me it was at the top (climax) of a hill and the highest point of the railroad line that came through town. It was so small, the only traffic light they had was a flashing caution light at the top of the hill.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    My parents had a good friend that was from Soddy Daisy. It’s right outside of Chattanooga.

There is a Climax in Michigan too between Battle Creek and Kalamazoo.

Don’t forget about all of the good ones from Lancaster County PA like Blue Ball and Bird in Hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I still think Bald Knob should be top 5 in any list
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

We have a town called Slapout. Locals say its because there used to be a store there that was always slap out of everything.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

There is a Bald Knob in the Muddy Creek refuge over by Pencil Bluff, QA. Not that far from you. There’s also a Wolf Pinnacle place name over there too.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I was in the AF with a guy who always said he was from Balls Crossing, Va. Sure enuf there is a neighborhood with that name in Arlngton.

BKB
    I’m sitting in the “Ballston” neighborhood of Arlington S I type. Balls Crossing is A couple of blocks away. They were both named after an early settler named John Ball and Balls Crossing was the site of either a Civil or Revolutionary War skirmish. It’s not really a neighborhood, at least not at this point, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

There used to be a little country store here owned by two men named John Swindle and John Cheatum. Yep, the sign on the store actually said “Swindle and Cheatum”.

Rumor has it that both were church going men and as honest and upright man as you could find.

Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I remember Little-Bit would get a little homesick at times. Whenever she brought it up, I'd always say, "Heck, I can get you to Climax"!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I remember Little-Bit would get a little homesick at times. Whenever she brought it up, I'd always say, "Heck, I can get you to Climax"!
    I saw that one coming (no pun intended) from a mile away.s

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I figured he was talking about selling her a Cadillac from that dealership he worked at
    Albert Einstein

We have a Climax NC too.
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!