Thread: Any of you guys know about this company???.....

Any of you guys know about this company???.....

The grands have moved on to other interests, so we decided to sell our like-new Tahoe boat.....I listed it on Craigslist, with only a few responses.....this boat broker company contacted me, and sent me info. about their services.....it sounds pretty good and risk-free.....anybody know anything about them???

https://www.popyachts.com

Thanks for your interest in allowing POP Yachts to market your vessel.

According to our IT Department, you own one of THE vessels buyers coming to POP are looking for. Looking purely at the data, Tahoes sell more than 50% faster than other listings. I can't make this stuff up - POP Yachts tracks pretty much everything.

Our POP Yachts marketing program is very straight-forward. We simply would like your permission to market your vessel world-wide and attempt to quickly bring you a buyer.

POP Yachts is not like a traditional brokerage:

1.) You may continue to market your vessel on your own. If you sell it on your own, you owe us nothing.

2.) We do not lock you into any 6-month or 1-year agreement. You may cancel at ANY time for ANY reason by sending us an email and we will pull down our advertising within 15 days. Again, nothing owed to us!

3.) You tell us realistically what you want to net in your pocket and we will build our fee on top of that. It really is that simple.

4.) We incur all the cost to market your vessel on more than 160+ MLS websites - world-wide.

We are an additional resource for you to sell your vessel. We incur all the risk, cost, time, and effort to bring you a buyer. When we do, we all win. If we do not, you have lost absolutely nothing.

Please click the link below to give POP permission to market your vessel:

Review and Accept Agreement Online

POP stands for Paid on Performance. We only get paid if we do our job and bring you a buyer!

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. If you are ready for us to get started, just click the link above and we will get started building your advertisement. If we have a local rep in your area, we will get out to your boat as soon as you are ready. If there is not a rep in your immediate area, we will need your help in building your advertisement.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. You can always reach me at (321) 236-7673.

Thanks in advance,

POP Yachts recognized in Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America Derek Kilcoin
    POP Yachts | Licensed Senior Listing Executive

More than 2,000 listings published!
    Orlando, FL

Work: (321) 236-7673 | Mobile: (845) 807-7224 | Fax: (815) 425-8610 | www.popyachts.com

(FL) Sales License #8879

(845) 807-7224

Quick Video: How We Sell Boats

We only get paid when you get paid! We ♥ boats!

Read Our Reviews: 4.5 out of 5.0 on TrustPilot (from 1,200+ reviews)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A POP overview showing how we get your boat sold!
    We take what you want in your pocket and add our commission on top.
    The published price includes what you want plus our commission.

- We don't lock you into any exclusive contracts; there's just a simple agreement that gives us permission
    to find you a buyer for your boat. You can cancel anytime with a 15 day notice!

- We have local reps in most areas to do an extensive photo shoot and work with you personally.

- We create the most professional ads in the industry for you.

- We include a free boat history report with every listing; buyers would have to pay over $35 for this.
    -We advertise your vessel on well over 160 premium websites world wide worth hundreds of dollars.

- We advertise you globally bringing you potential buyers from anywhere on the planet,
    so when the boating season is over where you are it is just beginning somewhere else!

- We have the only sophisticated tracking software in the industry so we know who is
    looking at your boat ad, from where in the world, how many times they've clicked on it,
    and what other boats they're looking at.

- We communicate with each and every potential buyer who has ever shown an interest
    in your make and model of vessel.

- We field all calls as your personal representative we bring you only qualified buyers
    through your personal representative. No tire kickers.

- You receive a progress report every Monday that shows the action on the sale of your vessel.

- We continue to market your boat indefinitely until your boat sells - in other words,
    there is no time when we would give up.
    - You never have to accept a penny less than you want for your boat.
    - We handle every aspect of the sale including the closing.

We’re presently selling over 5 boats PER DAY!
    We do it all for you in the background while you continue to sell by owner on your own

You have absolutely nothing to lose.

If you sell your boat on your own, you owe us nothing.
    Just let us know so we can take down our ads.
    It's very easy to get started.

We just need the marketing agreement accepted on our website (link below) and I just need you to send me a photo of 1 of the following – Title OR Registration OR coast guard registration – I need a copy of any one of these to ownership and to ensure the closing process runs smoothly, if it is easier you can take a photo with your phone and text it to 845-807-7224. You can also email or fax the picture to the number below. Once I have this I can list your boat immediately and assign our sales rep.

Let’s get your boat sold!
    Southern Gentleman

Never heard of 'em, but then again, I finally dumped my last big "hole in the water" 15 years ago, so I've been kind'a out of the loop. As long as you leave them a little room to make a buck, it seems like a no-brainer. I wonder how much commission they usually shoot for? If you know the market value, you'd prolly wanna give them that cushion on your asking price so it doesn't get priced out of the market once they add their spiff.

Seems like a lot less work than screwing around with it yourself.

BTW, how's the lake house handling all that water up your way. Or has it affected you all that much?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Thump, our lakehouse is outside the MS River levee system.....Lake Chicot is an oxbow lake, but the COE cut it off from the river, when the main levee was built, years ago.....so, unless the Ark. side of the main levee breaks near Greenville, we are in good shape.....the only other possibility is when a deluge rain event occurs near Lake Village, like happened in 2017 when 18" of rain hit there in 48 hours.....but, even then, our property was safe from flooding.....only had some grass killed in the back yard, where the water sat for too long.
    Southern Gentleman

Good deal. It's a helpless and frustrating feeling when the water's rising and there's not a thing you can do about it. Been there, done that and it sucks.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain