Thread: Well this really sucks.

Well this really sucks.

Lynn and I have been watching the progress of this search effort since the end of last month. So far, nothing.

I've only met Zack once, but we were very close friends with his wife. Zack and Kelly were having marital problems and decided to separate. His wife, Kelly, moved here with their 3 kids and we became friends. We went out as a group quite often, including having a Christmas party together. Anyway, she and Zack eventually patched things up and she and the kids moved back to Colorado to be with dad. Those kids are young (2 boys and a girl) and I think the oldest is only like 6 or 7 years old. I can't believe all the drama they've had in their young lives. A nice, normal home life that eventually went to shit, separation from dad, moving from CO to Florida, making new friends, moving back to CO and becoming a family again and now this. Pretty sucky to say the least.

https://www.5280.com/2019/07/deadly-...ado-this-year/
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Just day'um, that really sucks.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Sad news for certain. Sorry

Well, they found our friend's body on Saturday, exactly 1-month to the day from when he disappeared. Dang, he was found 72 miles downstream from where the raft overturned.

Rio Grande sheriff's office recover body north of Monte Vista

CREEDE– On Saturday, July 27th at approximately 10am, Rio Grande Sheriff’s Department notified Mineral County Sheriff that a body was found near the Rio Grande River north of Monte Vista.
    The body was sent to El Paso County Coroner’s Office for identification.

It is with heavy hearts that we report that the body was positively identified as Zack Jones, a Creede resident whose raft overturned during a float on the Rio Grande River on June 27th.
    Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Zack during this difficult time.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I've elk hunted all around Creede, Monte Vista, Saguache, and Alamosa.....beautiful, but very rugged territory.....really sorry your friend died, and so tragically, Thump.....at least, the family has got some closure, now.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this Thump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke