Thread: CFB 2019 Preview

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    First off, Big 10/14 fans have absolutely no reason to look down their collective nose at the SEC non conference scheduling. Out of 36 non-conference games in the Big 10/14 this season, here are the toughest ones: Iowa st, Colorado, Stanford, TCU, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Arizona st and Pitt. The only reason Notre Dame is on there is that Michigan was so terrified of the Mighty Arkansas Razorbacks that they cancelled on us and picked up the Irish instead.

1) The Ohio State Buckeyes. Dan Haskins is gone and that might be a good thing. Maybe now they will have a QB that can read a defense and throw the ball down field. Defense will be solid but not outstanding. Lots of talent on the outside and in the backfield. They have everything needed for a second place finish in the Big Ten, however we're reserving that for......

Best case scenario 12-0 with a loss to Bama or Clemson in the first round of the playoffs.

Worst case scenario 10-2.

My pick 12-0 with a couple of scares along the way

2) Michigan. Michigan has all the pieces this year, best offensive line in the conference, plenty of talent in all the skill positions, defensive talent running out the wazzu and Harbaugh. Btw, that last one is an ass not an asset. There is absolutely no reason that Michigan shouldn't challenge for a national championship this year. except Harbaugh is worth about a negative 10 points a game. Harbaugh is gonna Harbaugh

Best case: 11-1

Worst case 9-3

My pick 10-2. At Penn st and Wisconsin. Home against Notre Dame, Mich st, Ohio st and Iowa. 10-2 might be generous

3-4) Penn st and Wisconsin. Either one of the teams could challenge for 2nd place. Or 6th. The worst part is that they can't both go 0-12.

5-6) Michigan st and Iowa. Would somebody please tell Kirk Ferentz that the forward pass is your friend? If he'd recruit some speed on the outside and draw up some plays to throw to someone besides the tight end Iowa would challenge the conference top three year in and year out. Michigan st will beat someone they shouldn't and finish at 7-5.

7-11) Maryland, Minn, Neb, Northwestern and Purdue. Sorry Boilermaker fans I just can't see more than 6 wins unless they can make a big jump with a somewhat depleted defense 8-4 is possible. However the same thing can be said about Minnesota, Nebraska and Northwestern. Maryland doesn't deserve any recognition because of their ugly uniforms. Tough middle of the pack in the big 10/14

12-14) Rutgers, Illinois, and Indiana. The hoosiers are the only one here that might make a little noise

Random thoughts:
    a) Ohio st beats Michigan 35-10 in Ann Arbor. Harbaugh bails for the NFL
    b) Scott Frost throws his QB under the bus after a disappointing loss
    c) If the Big 10/14 champ has two close losses they will make the playoffs
    d) All in all another typical year for the Big 10/14.
    e) Oh yeah, without Bobby Petrino to kick around this year, I hope a big defensive lineman runs over there and tramples James Franklin's face
    Last edited by quercus alba; 08-07-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein