Thread: CFB 2019 Preview

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB 2019 Preview

I'll be doing this in installments, starting with the Big 12 and doing about one a week. Let's start with order of finish but will highlight the favorites here.

1) Oklahoma. This was easy, kinda like picking Bama in SEC west. The Sooners definitely have upgraded the defensive coordinator with Alex Grinch. I think the defense will improve incrementally throughout the season and it will need to. Color me skeptical but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jalen Hurts benched at some point in the season. A definite step down from Kyler Murray. look for Oklahoma to lean on the running game and short passing game more than usual this year, they have some fantastic play makers at the skill positions.

Best case scenario: 12-0 with a trip to the playoffs. Worse case: 10-2

My prediction 10-2 with a New Years day game. I don't think Texas will be one of the losses. Starts out with Houston which is no gimme, at UCLA, at Kstate, at a dangerously improved Baylor team, at the Bugeaters and then there's Texas. TCU is always capable. I think Hurts will live up to his name and his inconsistency will hurt the Sooners at some point and time

2) Texas. I'm not sold on Ehlinger, he has potential for greatness but also a potential to get hurt or make a stupid decision at a crucial juncture of the game game or both at once.

Best case scenario: 10-2. Worst case 8-4

My pick, 9-3. LSU in the opener, the Sooners in Dallas, @ west Virginia @ TCU, Kstate, Baylor, and Iowa st. Pretty tough gauntlet

3-6) in no particular order, Baylor, TCU, Iowa st and Okie lite

7-9) West Virginia, Kansas st and Texas tech.

10) Kansas. The good news here is that the Mad Hatter will steal one from somebody

Random meandering:

Baylor is going to surprise someone this year.
    Iowa st will choke in a game they should win
    TTech will be wishing Kliffie was back
    Ehlinger misses a couple of games injured. He likes contact too much. It could happen against LSU in the opener
    Kansas will upset somebody and win three games this year. They will scare a couple more. Les may be going thru a bale a week by season end
    Unless the Sooners QB's can hit some downfield passes, the Big 12 will miss the playoffs.
    I'm still dazed and confused as to why the Big 12 only has 10 teams

Next up, the Big 10
    Last edited by quercus alba; 07-31-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein