Thread: ICE raided seven MS chicken processing plants, today.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Unemployment where I live is 3-4% tops and you couldn’t get something cooked, cleaned, cut or constructed without immigrant labor from Central America. I agree they should all be legal, but there just aren’t hordes of able bodied welfare recipients to do those jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Unemployment where I live is 3-4% tops and you couldn’t get something cooked, cleaned, cut or constructed without immigrant labor from Central America. I agree they should all be legal, but there just aren’t hordes of able bodied welfare recipients to do those jobs.

When I was developing my career, I relocated many times for a job. If you’re on the gov’t dole, it would be cheaper for the gov’t to subsidize a move to a larger job market than it would be to continue supporting a leach forever.

If an “immigrant from Central America” can manage to get to where the jobs are, why can’t a US citizen from Eastern Kentucky? The difference is, an “immigrant from Central America” is willing to WORK for a living, while we have created a country of leaches who would rather suck the coffers dry and sit on their collective asses while the man puts ‘em in a house, feeds ‘em, supports their kids, pays their medical bills, gives 'em a free cell phone and sends ‘em a monthly check for “incidentals”.

BTW, I speak from experience. I have a brother who hasn’t held a job since the 70’s. He knows every gov’t program known to man (programs I never even knew existed) and knows how to milk the system. Add to that, charity organizations will step in to fill any gaps. He missed my mom’s funeral because he was in the hospital. He broke his arm (no clue how). Free ambulance ride, free Emergency Room, free hospital care (by free, I mean you and I paid for it) and right now he’s living in a hotel “recovering” .... paid for by some church charity he found as an easy mark. Trust me, once you learn the system, there’s no reason to work for a living. He’s worked the system his whole life and still has all the cash he needs for beer and cigarettes. Oh, and he has a "government" cell phone so he can post his stupid videos on the internet. He does all his computer work at the public library, one of his favorite hang-outs. How does he do it? I have no clue. How would I know anyway? I’ve worked my whole life and never had the time to learn how to “screw the system”.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain