Ha! If we want to delve into corporate tax structures, we'd all need an MBA in accounting. I had my own corporation for 20 years and never paid a dime in taxes ... corporate income taxes that is. That does NOT mean I didn't contribute a TON (relative to my business size) to the economy and other government mandated charges. I worked the tax laws to my best advantage, just like any other corporation, who wouldn't? Toward the end of the year, if it looked like I was going to have a tax liability, I'd depreciate out some equipment and purchase new, then begin a new depreciation schedule (as an example). It's the way business is done and it's all above board and legal. BUT ... every single day, I was CONTRIBUTING to society and the economy.

As Deppity says, we're talking about two different animals here ... TOTALLY different. My brother has not contributed ONE red cent into the economy, but he's spent his entire life taking FROM it. To make matters worse, if you talk to HIM ... the government is screwing him because, in his mind, they should do MORE for him! While everyone was in town for my mom's funeral, only my ex-wife, one of my sisters and one of my brothers went to see him in the hospital. They came back to the hotel pissed off, aggravated and irritable. All said they felt like wringing his neck by time they left his room. He even had the balls to complain about being "broke" and they reached into their pockets and came up with $200 cash to help him out. Don't get me started on that worthless piece of shit or you'd see the mother of all Thump posts.

The point is, the system breeds these leaches and it needs to be fixed. Who will fix it and how they will fix it remains to be seen. The problem is, once people are used to it, it's hard to take it away. I seriously doubt it'll ever happen, especially with the new breed of politicians espousing free healthcare for all, $15 minimum wages for h/s kids bagging French Fries at MacD's, free college tuition, et al. Now the vote buying is in full swing with Democrats fighting to get on the ticket with their "vote buying" strategies. Bernie with his free health care for all, including UNDOCUMENTED aliens and clowns like Andrew Yang with his silly universal basic income (UBI) plan, where he wants to guarantee every American, over the age of 18, $1,000 per month. (isn't it odd that 18 yr. old's can vote?) No biggie, Booker wants to do the same but start that $1000 at birth! Now throw in the Williamson chick who wants to pay reparations for slavery! WTF??? Do YOU know ONE black American who is suffering due to slavery in the 1800's? Or is she simply trying to buy the black vote? Of course Warren wants to provide free college for all and forgive all student loans. Harris wants to give every couple $6000/year for "basic needs". Where does all this bullshit stop?

Sorry. I need a break. I think my B/P meds have become a bit ineffective all of a sudden.