Thread: Bad news, Thump.....

Bad news, Thump.....

image.jpg

We came to the Chicot lake house, last night, and woke up to an 8 foot drop in the water level, this morning.....the lake managers lower the water level every few years to allow the property owners to repair or build new piers and boat docks.
    Normally, they send out notices when they begin the lowering process, but evidently, they missed our mailbox, this time.
    They'll start refilling the lake sometime after October.
    Attachment 10839
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 08-09-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

It would be a great time to scour the bank for fishing lures! There’s probably two or three in every stump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem Muddy. We may have to put off the Vicksburg trip until next year anyway. I got with Lynn and she checked our schedule. We have a LOT of 4-5 day "weekends" planned from now 'til the end of the year, including our cruise coming up in December.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Heck, I had no notice about this draw-down, and it caught me totally by surprise.....I had planned to throw out a few yo-yo's off the pier, yesterday morning.....after it got daylight enough to see the water below my pier, there weren't NONE !!!
    Let's dang sure try to get together again, next year, absolutely !!!!!
    Speaking of vaca's, I promised wifey, several years ago, if she hung around for 50 years, I'd pop for Hawaii.....next year will be our 50th.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 08-09-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Sounds like a plan to me Muddy! Thanks for the invite.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

You’re gonna love it, Muddy. Do you know which island yet?

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    You’re gonna love it, Muddy. Do you know which island yet?

BKb

No idea, Barry, all I did was hand over my credit card to her.....2 or 3 more couples are going with us, and the ladies are making all the travel and hotel arrangements.....I will say, I think they've done a pretty good job, so far.....for the two of us, round-trip airfare and 10 days at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is about $4,500.....I thought that was a pretty decent rate.....whatcha think???
    Southern Gentleman

Been to Hawaii a bazillion times. Got an old military buddy who’s A commercial real estate tycoon in Honolulu and have a very close buddy (past 40+ years) who lives on Maui. Lynn’s SIL is from Hawaii and all of her family is there. In fact, we attended their wedding in Hawaii. I’d like to put together a cruise to all the islands some day. You guys will have fun. (But it ain’t cheap!) 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Been to Hawaii a bazillion times. Got an old military buddy who’s A commercial real estate tycoon in Honolulu and have a very close buddy (past 40+ years) who lives on Maui. Lynn’s SIL is from Hawaii and all of her family is there. In fact, we attended their wedding in Hawaii. I’d like to put together a cruise to all the islands some day. You guys will have fun. (But it ain’t cheap!) ��
    Yep, I know it won't be a cheap vaca, but if this woman can put up with me for 50 years, she deserves everything I spend on her !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Sounds like you’re going to Oahu! I’ve stayed at that hotel as I was travelling through there on my way to Manila. Its a very nice area. I predict you will be mesmerized by the people watching.
    Make sure to get out and see the countryside! Its a pretty place. I’m sure the Arizona will be on your list too. You’ll like it.

And congrats on 50 years!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yep, the Arizona is at top of my list.
    Southern Gentleman

She’s got’ta be tough. Heck, it’s been all we can handle just putting up with you the last TEN years. That poor girl.

Ha, I been around here LOTS longer than 10 years.....most of our "joined dates" on our profiles ain't correct.....I think I joined up here, right after the split-up from that idiot group, and GH was born.
    Southern Gentleman