Beautiful flint, Arty.. I have a few I've picked up over the years.. Two pretty decent axes are featured in Bruce Filabrant's book "Keokuk Axes".. which locks in their authenticity and adds significantly to their monetary value - makes them "highly collectible, if you will.. I have a good friend who is one axe away from 100 personal finds.. about unheard of. He's been doing some "buy/sell/trading" has several axes valued at ten thousand +.

Jim - as far as spotting fakes - the short answer is "no".. On flint, especially, these guys are getting "good". This buddy of mine hits several major shows around the country.. and the market is in constant turmoil about this.. Who owns it? - and who knows where it came from? and can either or both be trusted?.. I recently helped a couple collectors obtain pictures of a deceased friend with two flint points that sold for thousands. By obtaining those pics - it probably again raised the value astronomically. Quite frankly - this stuff is getting to be so valuable. it's scary.