Thread: Ya' gots some'o these in your kitchen cabinets?

Ya' gots some'o these in your kitchen cabinets?

Since it's so frigging slow around this joint, I figured I'd bore youse dufes with some more eBay nonsense.

I sometimes tend to collect quite a bit of crap that just piles up until I get around to posting it. I'm talking stuff like cast iron. I'll let it pile up, then one day I'll get in the right mood and end up listing 10-15 pieces. I just completed one of those cycles and sold quite a few pieces, but I got bored with it, shoved the rest of the pile into a corner and am moving on for the time being. Today, I've decided to dive into my huge Pyrex collection. I'll buy a vintage piece here and there, bring it home, stick it in my "Pyrex area" and there it sits until I get the urge to list it. What I like doing most, is collecting a bunch of loose pieces, then try putting a set together.

Now I figure a TON of youse dufes prolly have some old Pyrex layin' around, maybe buried in the back of a kitchen cabinet someplace because you just don't use it anymore, but it's too good to throw away. Right? How 'bout a quick education? Number one, if they've been run through a few cycles in the dishwasher ... ya' may as well just throw 'em away ... or use 'em as a doggie dish. If they still have nice color (been hand-washed) and not all beat up, you could be sitting on a gold mine. Ya' ain't gonna get rich, but for some old "dishes" that are just hangin' out in a cabinet drawing dust, ya' might as well just box 'em up and send 'em to me! (I love old Pyrex)

I deal in ALL of the old stuff, but the little refrigerator dishes are my favorite. They're smaller and less of a hassle (and cheaper) to ship for example. NOTE: The rarer the color or pattern, the more they bring .. like anything else collectible.

I recently sold a pristine set like this for $287.50 and sold a pink set just like it for $275. (I see a set just sold a couple weeks ago for $278.75 ... I got SCREWED!)

bluepyrex.jpg

I have a few more sets here now that I'll be listing today. They're a bit more common, but I'll get $100 for each of 'em. Then I have about a bazillion "singles" layin' around ... I might list 'em ... and I might not. I might just hang on to match 'em up into sets. Depends on how I feel. Now, once I work on those, I have a TON of other styles ... nesting/mixing bowls, etc. I prolly have $3000 worth of old Pyrex layin' around here with only pennies invested. The fun part? You can pick these bowls up in thrift stores for $0.25 - $1.00 each! I can get 'em pretty cheap at SOME estate sales, but it all depends on whose sale it is. Many have caught on to the fact old Pyrex is bringing some pretty fair money. Cast iron and Pyrex ... a couple of my favorites.

Now, if you're ever out wanderin' around and run into any pieces like this, buy 'em and send 'em to me ... I'll pay the postage.

This chips 'n dip combo will go for an easy $400.00

pyrexchipsndip.jpg

This ONE bowl went for $4250.00!

pyrexluckyinlove.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    OMG! Can't believe the $ folks will pay for some things and how much of it that my family has probably thrown away.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I love using old/vintage stuff and am a big cast iron fan. But, I don’t get $4k for a fish I can’t afford to use.

(Tell Lynn to notify me of the sale when you kick the bucket.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    I love using old/vintage stuff and am a big cast iron fan. But, I don’t get $4k for a fish I can’t afford to use.

(Tell Lynn to notify me of the sale when you kick the bucket.
    Ha! It would cost you 4K just for a little 20-pound premium grade bluefin tuna in Japan!

(fat fingers?)
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’m pretty famous for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    premium grade bluefin tuna sounds like a Thai cross dressed hooker with the clap.

Funny Jim would bring that up
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein