Thread: Has anybody noticed?

Has anybody noticed?

I've been watching this (Israel trip) fiasco with Rashida Tlaib (and Omar) and one thing stands out to me.

The original trip was sponsored by Miftah, a Palestinian rights group led by the veteran Palestinian negotiator Hanan Ashrawi. I would have to think that trip would fall under the guise of "official business". So, between the "sponsorship" and whatever government perks are dished out, this would have been a FREE trip for Tlaib. Of course, I'm SURE us low-life taxpayers would be co-sponsors.

I find it odd that it started out as a "business trip", but when she was barred entry, the intention of the trip all of a sudden became a visit to her grandmother! Ok, so Israel does an about face and says it's ok if she is simply coming to visit her grandmother and it now becomes a "humanitarian" trip ... a "personal vacation" so to speak. But no, now she can scream about how she's being discriminated against ... and has changed her mind about the visit ... on principle of course. Or better yet, as she Tweeted:

“Visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in—fighting against racism, oppression & injustice.”

What happened to poor old granny? She hasn't bothered to visit ol' granny in over a decade. Why not? No free trip until now? Was she fine with the visit as long as someone else was picking up the tab? Now that all she can do is visit grandma if she chooses to go, makes it PERSONAL business and it'll have to come out of HER pocket! Did anyone ever think maybe THAT is her reason for refusing to go? Instead, she can refuse to go and simply make it political while crying about being discriminated against and treated like a criminal. It makes good press.

I guess her elderly granny ain't all that important after-all. Sorry granny ... evidently Rashida's ... ummmm, "principles" are more important than you are.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Everybody has an agenda. Mine is to ignore as much of this type dumbassery as I can.

Being a junior noticer, I just happened to notice that she made it about her, and quote "Visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in—fighting against racism, oppression & injustice. Nothing about the conditions poor old grandma lives under.

We need a pandemic engineered to affect the stupid gene
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Captain Trips for Dummies?

Ah, a Stephen King reference. I actually share the same last name with the hero of that book. We're a pretty salty bunch
    Last edited by quercus alba; 08-16-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Captain Trips for Dummies?
    With our luck, she'd be one of the 0.6% of the population with immunity.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Ha, if Trump gets re-elected, I believe that bunch(or squad, as they are called) will implode.....not only that, but I believe every single one of them will be defeated in the next elections.....they've each got some good qualified opposition.....I'm an optimist, and I've got more confidence in the American voters in their districts, than to allow this fiasco to continue.....I can just feel the tide turning against this group of idiots.....jmho and wishful thinking.
    Southern Gentleman

Has anyone noticed that Chicago has averaged 221 shootings and 27 murders per month this year? Just curious, where’s the outrage and call for gun bans?
    Albert Einstein

I’d be willing to bet the majority of those shootings are, for the most part, no more than “takin’ out the trash”.