Thread: Hey Bwana (timing is everything!)

Hey Bwana (timing is everything!)

I think you said you and the missus would be here at Loew's the 7th-12th. As crappy luck would have it, Lynn and I will be at the Hyatt Regency (3 miles from Loew's) on the 13th-15th. (once you're out, we're in!) We tried to change reservations, but her work schedule wouldn't permit it (the Hyatt, corporate bigwigs are in town this week). Still, you'll only be 43 miles from my house (all interstate), so trying to meet up with you isn't a major problem. I just wish our weekend plans would have jived so things wouldn't be so rushed. The only snag I have is, the top blew out of a big oak tree in my back yard (actually, it's on the property line between my neighbor and me) and smashed the fence between our houses. I've loaded my trailer with part of it and took it to the dump already, but my neighbor's son (grown adult) is coming over sometime this weekend so we can double up and try to get the rest cut up and loaded. The problem is, he works a management position that has odd hours and he never knows exactly what his hours are going to be, so he's to call me when he gets cut free. I have no idea when that may be, but it'll be Sat. or Sun. I "need" to be here, but I don't "have" to be here. My empty trailer is sitting in my neighbor's yard, so he can always get "something" loaded if I'm not here.

Anyway, the timing really sucks, but at least you don't have that storm to deal with. You may want to keep a close eye on your airline schedule since the Orlando Airport was closed a day or two. I have no idea if air traffic is still backed up or not. I believe you said you may be free over the weekend, but tied up during the week, correct? Give me a shout if it looks like you'll have some time to kill and I'll hopefully know what's going on with my neighbor by then. It's only a 45-min drive for me (depending on traffic).

My cell is 863-712-7291
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Thumper, you are correct we are headed your way and will be there on those dates.

Given my daughter is coming along I am having second thoughts about wanting to meet up with you though she doesn't have an adam's apple so that might help...

But seriously...both my wife and daughter are coming along and given my limited time to play they have already purchased tickets for the Universal Parks so our Saturday and Sunday are mostly booked but we will have to just play it by ear. We have conference activities both Monday and Tuesday evening but at this point Wednesday the 11th is free.

I would REALLY like to get a chance to meet up so hopefully our schedules will match up at some point.

I'll text you my cell number.

Stay in touch and hopefully we can make this work this time around.

All day Wednesday? Or Wednesday evening is free? I can work with it either way.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Just the evening

Cool

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Here a picture bwana so you can recognize him

D8924B6C-F01B-435E-8F23-8EC49F00239B.jpg
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

This place needs a whole truckload of stools to keep in stand-by mode at all times.

Hey Bwana,

I don't know if you guys are foodies or not, but this is "Magical Dining Month" in Orlando.

https://www.visitorlando.com/en/magi...ng/restaurants

Magical Dining Month, which includes more than 100 restaurants and is sponsored
    by Visit Orlando, begins Aug. 23 and continues until Sept. 30. Here's how it works:
    Select restaurants across Central Florida offer a prix-fixe menu that includes
    an appetizer, an entree and a dessert for $35.

A ton of high-end restaurants (like 120 restaurants) are part of the program and Lynn and I already have reservations at Morimoto for next Saturday night. Gonna chow down on the Wagyu Beef. Best beef in the frigging world! (at $23/ounce it dang well better be!). Heck, the steak is even served with a certificate of authenticity.

Morimoto-Asia-Wagyu-Certificate-17_-009-700x488.jpg

Anyway, I don't know what plastic you carry, but you may want to check to see if your card is part of the program. My AmEx (Platinum, don't know about the others) is offering a $25 credit for $75 spent at the listed restaurants.