Thread: I wonder if those NoDak folks are gonna make it?

I wonder if those NoDak folks are gonna make it?

Vacationing in Florida in September is like vacationing in North Dakota in January. Add to that, the fact a hurricane just passed by and those folks may suffer heat stroke! During a normal summer here, the day heats up, then in the afternoon we have a quick rain shower (usually a thunderstorm) which cools things off. You can almost set your watch to the time it rains every day. But, after 30 minutes, the sun comes back out. The problem right now is, a hurricane just passed by and those monsters suck up ANY chance of cooling rains and take the rain with them to dump elsewhere. So the Bwana family is facing a double whammy right now. At least they have the hotel pool for some relief. In fact, I snapped a pic of Bwana hangin' with a couple'a locals the other day.

dakotaboy.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I’m sure they’ll adapt to Florida ways pretty quick!

BKB

49BE0B68-0959-4395-9824-376B6149A429.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Nah, not enough of a farmer’s tannin that kid to be Bwana!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

If that were me, I’d have to switch the hats around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    If that were me, I’d have to switch the hats around.
    HA, I gotta call bs on that.....ain't no way that little sombrero will cover up that gargantua-noggin of yours.
    Southern Gentleman

Hey, at least it’d be a closer match than the way P-hole posted it!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    I assume Jim meant upside down so it goes into his vag.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

^^^^^Oh, sheeit, I ain't no Injun, but that sounds like war talk !!! ^^^^^
    Southern Gentleman

It’s easy to see why there’s such a massive shortage of available stools around this joint. They’re all in constant use!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Obviously we made it and Jim is correct, it was MUGGY! This North Dakota boy darn near melted into his tennis shoes the day we arrived.

Didn't plan on doing so, but after the heat we encountered on Saturday, Sunday was all about Volcano Bay which is a massive water park. We got there early in the day and was impressed at the little sprinklers they had along the sidewalks for washing the sand off of a person's feet, but as the day heated up I soon realized they were to keep your feet from spontaneously igniting. In those spots where the sprinklers weren't working the smell of burnt flesh was thick in the air.

Was a nice place to visit but not sure how a person ever gets used to that kind of heat and humidity. Give me ten below any day.

Ha! You were lucky as well as unlucky. Lucky in that you got here just as the hurricane passed by and unlucky that it left behind a humid heat wave with no cooling rains. That week was even tough on the natives here! But, as luck would have it, as soon as you left, things returned to normal and we even have "Fall like" weather now. 60's/70's for lows and mid/high 80's for highs .... BUT ... humidity is down in the mid/high 50% range.

But, people don't flock down here for the summer weather ... they come here to escape that 10-degree weather you mentioned.

That said, meeting and spending time with you and the girls was a total pleasure and it added to the list of 100% positive Good Hunting family experiences.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    We had a great time with you and Lynn also Thumper. Have to admit my girls thought it was a bit weird to climb into a car with someone none of us had ever "met" before, but they both agreed we had just spent a night with good people.

Though I have only met a handful of you dufes in person, I too am batting 100%.

Someday I NEED to get back down there to catch a tarpon, hunt gators, shoot me an Osceola gobbler, and tag along with you on one of your "hunting trips" for lost treasures.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Only one I ever met was Bert. Big guy, not real bright, shoots holes in his hand.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein