Thread: A trip report, and how NOT to gut a deer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yep, Arty, I sliced mine in two about 10 years ago.....I threw up my left hand to avoid getting my throat sliced by a piece of falling freshly cut galvanized metal roofing.....I called my doc on the way to the hospital, and he had a hand surgeon, waiting on me at the operating room.
    It was on my non-dominant left hand, and the surgery was successful.....however, after it had nearly healed, I started over-using it too soon, and one day while unloading some metal pipe, I actually felt it tear loose.....I never went back to have it repaired, but actually it doesn't bother me too much.
    Btw, tell the young'un congrats !!!
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 09-29-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Yep, Arty, I sliced mine in two about 10 years ago.....I threw up my left hand to avoid getting my throat sliced by a piece of falling freshly cut galvanized metal roofing.....I called my doc on the way to the hospital, and he had a hand surgeon, waiting on me at the operating room.
    It was on my non-dominant left hand, and the surgery was successful.....however, after it had nearly healed, I started over-using it too soon, and one day while unloading some metal pipe, I actually felt it tear loose.....I never went back to have it repaired, but actually it doesn't bother me too much.
    Btw, tell the young'un congrats !!!
    How long before you could drive, and shoot (remember this IS my dominant hand).
    I know I’ll miss bow season now, but hope i can make muzzleloader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it was my left off-hand, I went back to driving in only about a week.....my accident happened, during the summer, so I was all healed up by deer season.
    Can you use a crossbow in VA ???
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Since it was my left off-hand, I went back to driving in only about a week.....my accident happened, during the summer, so I was all healed up by deer season.
    Can you use a crossbow in VA ???
    We can, but I don’t know that I could cock if, And I don’t have a self cocker..
    As long as I’m ok to drive and shoot 4 weeks from surgery I’m ok with it.
    Did they put you under? Or local?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk