Thread: I saw a

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

I saw a

commercial the other day that shows just how far human values have fallen in just my lifetime. It started out with a person taking files out of a filing cabinet and talking about all the thousands cases of child abuse that had taken place with children who were scouts. I thought it was one of those crime stopper commercials then it switched to one of these asswipe lawyers saying if you or your child have been sexually abused while in the scouts you may be eligible for considerable compensation. They left out the part about ridding society of a sexual predator or justice being served by putting the culprit in prison so he can see how it feels to get ass raped or forced to give blow jobs. Or maybe giving dear old dad five minutes with the pervert. They certainly left out the part about the law firm taking 40-50% right off the top and all the expenses coming out of your part. Words can't explain the disgust and anger this causes for me. I have a fierce desire to leave bootprints on the ass end of these sleazy parasites

Okay, deep breath. End of rant
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Q/A, it wasn't very long ago that Lawyers/Law Firms were not allowed to advertise on tv ... the same as cigarettes these days. I kind'a wish they'd go back to that policy. I get sick of those b/s commercials also. We have one running here locally that says, "I got a man 52-million dollars (don't recall the real number, but you get the point) when he hurt his ankle in a car crash ....!" Not as serious as your example, but it falls into the realm of your parasite reference IMHO.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I feelthe same way about these commercials where they have some guy on that says he owed some large amount in taxes and this law firm got them off the hook for most of it.

Did he really owe those taxes or not? If so, he oughta pay them like I have to. Them, and the guy who wears the question mark suit really piss me off.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I have a friend who’s an attorney and he says the same thing. Before attorneys could advertise, the bad ones were weeded out by word of mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

A blind bunny and a blind snake bump into each other on the path.

"What kind of animal are you?" asks the snake.

"I really don't know," says the bunny. "I've never seen myself. Maybe you could examine me and find out?"

So, the snake felt the bunny. "Well, you're soft and cuddly," said the snake. "You have long silky ears and a little fluffy tail. You must be a bunny!"

"Awesome!" says the bunny. "Now what kind of animal are you?"

"I really don't know," says the snake. "I've never seen myself. Maybe you could examine me and find out?"

So, the bunny feels the snake all over, and he replies, "You're hard and cold, and you haven't got any balls. You must be a lawyer!"
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    So, the bunny feels the snake all over, and he replies, "You're hard and cold, and you haven't got any balls. You must be a lawyer!"
    Ummmm, how could you tell a male lawyer from a female lawyer?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Have you been sexually abused by someone in the Mormon church? You could be eligible for compensation.

Where does this crap stop? There is no limit to these bottom feeders greed.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I don’t know where it ends. Years ago I was disgusted by the lady who bought coffee in the McD’s drive-thru, spilled the coffee in her lap as she was driving, then sued (and won) bazillions because she burned herself! McD’s was found guilty because their coffee was too hot!

We just had a case here locally where a gal won a fortune from a grocery store in a “slip & fall” suit. Witnesses said there was NOTHING on the floor and that she simply fell and busted her ass. She was a young Hispanic (not sure where from) and dressed like a hoochie. Very short, tight skirt with 10” stiletto heels and platform soles. She won a truckload of cash for being a klutz! WTF?

Years ago, when I had my business, I was working on a commercial account and the soap I was using was a food service grade, biodegradable product. I had 2-million dollars in liability insurance back then, but I always roped off the area I was working on as I was always afraid of a slip & fall claim.

One day a lady came over to my work area and started raising holy Hell with me because she had asthma and the smell of the detergent I was using was causing her to have some sort of “episode”. She wanted my business card and said I’d be hearing from her attorney. This was at a gas station and I guess the smell of the gas she’d just pumped didn’t affect her. What topped it off is the whole time she was chewing my ass and threatening a lawsuit for some sort of (not witnessed by me) asthma episode, she was smoking a f’ing cigarette!

I apologized and handed her my business card. I never heard from her OR her attorney, but TBH, I always wondered what would have happened if I’d been sued. I was a bit stressed about it for the next few months and wondered what sort of b/s hoops I’d have had to jump through or how much I’d have to spend defending myself if she’d really hired some sleaze-bag attorney. OR how much time and money I’d lose while taking time off work to fight it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Round Up: a "probable" (?) carcinogen.. They found someone with deep pockets and they smell blood in the water..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Mesothelioma is another one.
    Attorneys that advertise for such things as round up and mesothelioma should be required to spend the same amount of money on early awareness and hire to get checked out

I’ve seen a million mesothelioma commercials, not one of them said, “if you Or a loved one worked around asbestos for decades, go to your doctor and get screened.... because 90+% of mesothelioma cases are not found until stage 3-4 at which point you have 12-18 months to live, but caught early you can live much longer. You’ll still die, but you’ll live longer”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re loading up their cannons to take on Monsanto over Roundup cancer too. Talk about your deep pockets!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!