I don’t know where it ends. Years ago I was disgusted by the lady who bought coffee in the McD’s drive-thru, spilled the coffee in her lap as she was driving, then sued (and won) bazillions because she burned herself! McD’s was found guilty because their coffee was too hot!

We just had a case here locally where a gal won a fortune from a grocery store in a “slip & fall” suit. Witnesses said there was NOTHING on the floor and that she simply fell and busted her ass. She was a young Hispanic (not sure where from) and dressed like a hoochie. Very short, tight skirt with 10” stiletto heels and platform soles. She won a truckload of cash for being a klutz! WTF?

Years ago, when I had my business, I was working on a commercial account and the soap I was using was a food service grade, biodegradable product. I had 2-million dollars in liability insurance back then, but I always roped off the area I was working on as I was always afraid of a slip & fall claim.

One day a lady came over to my work area and started raising holy Hell with me because she had asthma and the smell of the detergent I was using was causing her to have some sort of “episode”. She wanted my business card and said I’d be hearing from her attorney. This was at a gas station and I guess the smell of the gas she’d just pumped didn’t affect her. What topped it off is the whole time she was chewing my ass and threatening a lawsuit for some sort of (not witnessed by me) asthma episode, she was smoking a f’ing cigarette!

I apologized and handed her my business card. I never heard from her OR her attorney, but TBH, I always wondered what would have happened if I’d been sued. I was a bit stressed about it for the next few months and wondered what sort of b/s hoops I’d have had to jump through or how much I’d have to spend defending myself if she’d really hired some sleaze-bag attorney. OR how much time and money I’d lose while taking time off work to fight it.