I loved sci-fi as a kid, but I guess I "grew out of it". I don't do sports AT ALL ... zip, zilch, nada. I've never, my whole life, given a flip about ANY sport that included a ball of any sort. Heck, I even dropped NASCAR over the past few years. I guess I'm just an official old fart now as I slowly, then totally lost interest with the new "kids" coming up through the ranks and taking over the scene. Between them and NASCAR management, it finally got to the point I just walked away from it. I'm pretty sure I watched the Daytona 500, but I guess I wasn't really into it as I have zero recollection of it. Same with Talladega. I attended my first race when I was still in my mama's belly and followed it religiously for 60+ years, but it finally got to the point I threw in the towel.

Reading? I'm narrow-minded. If it ain't real, I just can't get into it. The weird thing is, history is about as real as you can get, but I've never been a history buff. I'm more of a "what was discovered this morning and what can be done with this discovery in the future" kinda guy. I suppose "some" of that could be considered sci-fi if you want to stretch the imagination a bit. Kind of like Jurassic Park ... I can see that (once you remove the Hollywood fluff), it could be possible. I'm fascinated with the DNA thing and can grasp the reality of salvaging some DNA from a long frozen Siberian Mammoth and crossing it with an elephant to get some sort of hybrid. That's the kind of stuff that floats my boat.

But, I can grasp how that sort of thing works. What I can't wrap my head around is how transistors work, for example. Or microprocessors. How the "F" can a tiny piece of "plastic, sand and metal" do what they do? I don't think my mind is even closely able to figure that out, but the process fascinates me anyway.

I've always had a place in my heart for travel and other cultures (including their food) since I was VERY young and that's still probably my biggest passion these days.