I think we're down to about 5-6 participating members here now, so I may be pissing into the wind by even posting anything here, but I just needed to break away from my reading as I realized I've gotten carried away the past few days and my feet have started rooting to the floor. I know there are a few avid readers here, but I've never really been a big BOOK reader. Do I read? I read a LOT actually. This morning I started thinking about my reading habits and have done a bit of self analysis. I guess I have a short attention span. I'll admit, I have read a few books over the years, but I'm the type who has to read it cover to cover. I can't read a few paragraphs, lay it down, come back and read a few more paragraphs and repeat. It doesn't help that a can't stand to read fiction. It clutters my brain and I find myself in a conversation years later and I may start to comment on something, then have to catch myself as I have to think whether I'm about to state something as fact .... or is it something fictional that I READ somewhere along the line? It's like repeating "fake news" these days.

TV shows kill me! I HATE series type shows where they leave you with a cliff-hanger, then you have to wait another week to see what happens, only to be left with another cliff hanger. Then I'll take a cruise, an out of town trip, or simply be too busy to catch the following week's show(s), then I'm behind and lost ... or have to find re-runs to get caught up. GRRRR!! With my attention span, I guess I like short stories. I want to know how this thing ends BEFORE I walk away from it.

My problem is, since Al Gore invented this here Internet thingy, I find an unlimited source of reading material and can monitor the length of the "articles" I read. The problem is, sometimes I get started and can't stop. In the early days, we called it "net surfing". I suppose it's still the same ... I just don't hear the term as often as I used to.

The impetus to this post? I just realized I spent ALL DAY yesterday reading short internet articles and went right back to it this morning. In the meantime, I haven't done a dang thing around here ... including working on eBay! What I'm wondering is, does anyone here do this sort of thing? Of course, I suppose you working stiffs can be counted out, unless you do it on weekends or something.

I'll many times surf different sites, but I can spend hours upon hours reading at https://www.inverse.com/science for example. I spend 95% of my time in the Science category, but occasionally hit the Innovation category or Culture from time to time. I don't think I've ever even taken a peek at Mind & Body or Entertainment ... it's just not my thing generally. (categories are found by hitting "explore" at the top of the page) For some reason, I picture P-hole zipping through the Science section here, not sure why. I DO notice a slight Liberal view at times, but when it comes to hard science, it's sometimes hard to slide political views into the mix, so it's a non-issue for the most part.

Sorry to ramble, but this site has been about as boring as the seating area at an old folks home recently and I needed a break from my reading addiction.