Thread: CFB week 8

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB week 8

9-4 last week 63-31 ytd.

1) WVU @ Oklahoma. Only a great fool would pick an upset here and I not being a great fool can clearly not choose WVU. Sooners 48-21

2) NC st @ BC. I think the Pack has thwarted me every time but once this year, so I'm going opposite of inclination and say BC 31-28

3) Auburn @ Arkansas . Since Chad Morris's job will be determined by the competitiveness of the next few games and Gus and Chad are big buddies, he'll probably call the dogs off in the second quarter. I'll say Auburn 63-3

4) Temple @ SMU. If Chad Morris had stayed in Dallas this would be and easy Temple win. However, since he's in Arkansas, I'll say Owls 24-16

5) Ore @ Washington. The obligatory Pac 10/14 game no one cares about. Ducks 30-20

6) Duke @ Virginia. Virginia has had some trouble putting points on the board, duke hasn't Blue Debbils 24-17

7) Baylor @ Okie st. The Cowfellers have really been a Heckle and Jive team this year. The Babbletist have been steady but dull, the Pokes 24-20

8) Tulane @ Memphis. I learned the hard way not to go against the Green Wave. Greenies 34-28

9) Mich @ Penn St. I would love to seen any James Franklin coached team lose every game they play from now till eternity. They won't tho, Lions 24-10

10) Tenn @ Bama. Tennessee is desperate and Bama is Bama. Roll Tide 45-24

11) Pitt @ Syracuse. Pitt's pretty salty and the orange over rated. Pitt 17-13

12) Iowa st @ Ttech. This game is like Gumps legendary box of chocolates. Cyclones 30-23

13) LSU @ Miss st. Upset Special.....naw just kidding. State has no QB, no coach and no chance. Kinda like the Hogs. Tigers 42-20
    Last edited by quercus alba; 10-15-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

CFB week 8

If I didn’t have little faith about which NC State team was going to show up on any given week, I might start to take this personally. I will definitely give you credit for trying though. If the Wolfpack gives up 31, they’re definitely going to lose as I don’t think they can score that many against BC.

I’m actually kind of interested in the Tech v. UNC game this weekend. The QB change has the Hokies playing better and a win this weekend could mean they’re on the way to salvaging the season and probably Coach Fuentes’ job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 10-15-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

ISU at Taco Tech might be the best matchup in the Big 12, but they are playing in Lubbock which means Iowa State will get jobbed by the refs. Happens to everyone who visits west Texass.
    Tech 31
    ISU 30

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I just thought I’d leave this here....

080E548A-6578-4C3D-993A-DD534E01E8A5.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Hank, 31 points today is yesterdays 17.

The Pack looked good last week but every time I pick them, they lose so I'm taking a hit for team by picking against them

I think

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Wiscy went down today. The enigma that is the Big 10. I’m betting their champ has a loss again this year.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Seeing Reggie Bush on the new fox cfb show on Saturdays make me yell at the TV. Its bad enough having to listen to Matt Leinhart and Urban Meyers.
    The last time reggie bush had anything to do with college football his ncaa violations cost his team to have to vacate an entire season.And him to vacate a Heisman. And yet there he was. Who’s next for Fox, Pete Carroll?

Sheesh.
    BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

CFB week 8

God, I hate the college over time rules. I caught the end of the Tech 6OT game against UNC on the radio as I was driving back from an evening hunt. It was exciting enough, but starting in the 5th over time they now exchange 2-point conversions until somebody wins. What is this youth flag football?

I thought it was also very unkind of College Football Final to highlight that Arkansas is winless in its last 15 SEC games. Damn, QA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Muschamp was right on when he said SC got jobbed by the refs. The refs got a bad case on selective blindness on two Florida tds that should been called back.

Does this happen a lot down in the SEC?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Rank has it’s privilege in the SEC
    Albert Einstein

I don’t even care anymore Hank, I just watch them for comedy relief. Feel bad to the kids tho
    Albert Einstein