Odd, I remember making that cutting board like it was just yesterday. In fact, I made two of them, one for my mom and one for my grandmother. (no clue whatever happened to my mom's) It was early in the school year (I was in 7th grade from '64-'65) and this was my very first project in wood shop. My shop teacher was Mr. Powell and he was 7' tall. I remember he was the ONLY male teacher in the school who never wore a necktie, for obvious reasons, which we were immediately taught in shop class. We also had a coach (Mr. Cluggish) who was 7' 1" tall. Which reminds me, there were only two people who had the honor of swinging that ol' paddle across our butts when we deserved it. One was the Principle (Mr. King) and Coach Cluggish. Trust me, you did NOT want Coach to be the one connecting that paddle to your ass! Especially once he upgraded from the old wooden paddle (with holes drilled in the business part) to his newfangled fiberglass paddle! It was thinner than the wooden paddle and had a bit of flex to it. That dang thing would actually wrap around your ass and cover a lot more ground than the solid wooden one. (or so I'd been told)