Thread: Funny name spelling.....

Southern Gentleman

Not anywhere even close to the same, but I had a buddy in the Army, last name Knopp. We called him K-NO-PP. We still stay in touch and if he calls, I'll see the caller ID and answer the phone with K-NO-PP! His other buddies still do the same.

We had a very well liked police officer down here a few years back named Matt Williams. He and I had the same barber and would sometimes chat. I've had the same barber for over 30 years and most all his business was regulars, including Matt. He was gunned down by a scumbag, along with his K-9, Diogi. The town still has a "celebration" every 5 years on the anniversary of Matt and Diogi's death. People in town still have Matt/Diogi bumper stickers on their cars. Anyway, one day years ago, I was talking to him in the barber shop and asked where he came up with the name for his K-9. He looked at me and said, "Duh! What's so difficult about D-O-G? It's then I realized Diogi's name on the patrol car was spelled out as DiOGi. I guess that should have been a hint.

http://www.napwda.com/deputy-vernon-...-matt-williams

mattdiogi.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

The Noel has gotta be a first.
    Southern Gentleman

Followed by Forrest.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain