Thread: OH, Hell no

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Angry OH, Hell no

I'm seeing a disturbing trend with these no talent hacks calling themselves country singers remaking a classic and dubbing in the original artist to make it a duet of sorts. Just heard some clown doing Big Iron by Marty Robbins and I like to had to pull over and puke. It's bad enough that county music is pretty much gone to crap without them pulling down real music in the process. If you can't sell your own voice then you need to go on back to the farm.

Next, Walmart. I ordinarily avoid Walmart like a mad-dog but occasionally necessity demands that I peruse their establishment. They carry everything except what you need. For instance, did they have 100% unsweetened grapefruit juice this morning? No. Did they have a switch for a lamp I needed? No. Did they have a dietary supplement I wanted? No. Did they have a box of 30-30 150 grain Corelokts? No, but they had 170 grain. WHO ON EARTH SHOOTS A 170 GRAIN BULLET? 150 Corelokt is only the most popular bullet on earth and they don't have any?

Lastly, this group here is a very unique bunch. I ate breakfast in a little cafe, went to a farm supply store, and Walmart. Without a single exception, every ugly man I saw today had a butt ugly wife. All of youse dufes is fugly as a mud fence but as far as I can see, all of you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outkicked your coverage. Me in particular. I figure that if only one of us can be good looking, I'd rather it was her
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

As for the duet thing, I don't have a clue how long it's been around, but I do remember the first time I recall experiencing it, and it was quite a few years ago. It's a bit different in that it was Natalie Cole with her dad, Nat King Cole, dubbed in. It works for me, but if there is no relation between the stars, it sounds kind'a cheap and exploitative.

As for Wally-World, it is what it is. I don't go there much, but if I need something, they usually have what I'm looking for unless it's something specialized. I can't do grapefruit due to some of the meds I'm on, but a quick check shows our local Wally-World has quite a few options for unsweetened juice (I assume that's the same as "no sugar added"?). They show Florida's Natural, Ocean Spray, Tropicana and even their store brand, Great Value. I'm not sure if the wording makes a difference, on all of those the ingredients say "no sugar added" and the specs show 0% sugar. They also have Bluebird brand and it says "unsweetened". Is "unsweetened" and "no sugar added" the same beast?

I haven't bought ammo in a bazillion years, but a quick check of our Wally-World inventory shows.

Remington Core-Lokt 30-30 20 Rounds 150-gr.
    MSRP: $15.72
    SKU: 16930240
    UPC: 04770005400

Maybe you're just an old curmudgeon. Just say'in.

As for the wimmins and us G/H dufes, I have to agree whole-hardly with you there. And yes, Mrs. Alba REALLY got the short end of the stick, but the worst mismatch has to be Cappy and P-hole ... I think those two rednecks are brothers from different mothers and bof'a their wimmins really should see an eye doctor!

hicks.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Marty Robbins... wow I cannot imagine having the courage to sing one of his songs. At least for consumption. As many a bar goer has learned I have been known to sit in front of the juke box and sing along to many a Marty Robbins song after a snoot full.

150's? Hell I didn't know they made anything but a 168 CL Ultra in 30 caliber... :o

Will