Or a buncha’ ball watching old farts?

Trip repot:
    Muzzleloader
    Double trigger Renegade
    70gr. FFF black powder
    .490 round ball
    .20 patch

Saw deer, shot deer

Edit. No picture will load so y’all just use your imagination!
    Take Care, Captain
    A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

A Government that pays people to do nothing destorys their willingness to do anything!

Who are you and what‘chu lookin’ at?

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    looks like the deer are getting smaller in Cappy's neck of the woods or he's getting bigger.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    That and his camo don't match.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Try to bring a little class to this joint and all I get is a bunch smart ass dufes....

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Nice buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Trip Report:
    1 Illegal Trespassing Hunter caught, after poaching one of my deer on my easement road property.

He made a shot toward my 5th at 6:15 pm. Almost dark.
    Cut off time is 6:30.

I made two warning shots , into my soft tilled field away from where he was located, to let him know I was there.
    He started screaming like a baby!!

I was face to face with him at 6:29.

After using all the four letter foul mouth words I know, I had to repent once everything was finished.
    Haven’t been that pissed in years!!

Let’s just say I scared the living crap out of him and I hope he passes the word she’s a mean ass bitch and she shoots.

Game Warden and Sheriff are involved.

He won’t make the mistake of trespassing and illegally hunting here again.

Nothing worst then a person that trespasses and poached.

Attachment 11004
    Attachment 11005

Added: you notice he didn’t have any hunter orange on either!! I was the only one with orange on

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I am officially an old fart. Took a long time for me to admit it. Today is opening day of deer season and I’m at home playing with one of the grandkids

I may go down to the camp and fix a pot of coffee in a little bit
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Its good to see hunting posts.

What got into your thick head to go retro with your hunt, Captain?

Man, I was looking at my bow and climber and stuffjust the other day thinking that I prolly don’t knowone person who shoots a compound bow any more. Crossbow have done ruint folks!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Nice ten point my buddy shot down the ridge from me this morning. I saw a die and a bear, but no bucks.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Sunshine,

So that’s your deer, I was under the impression that the state owned all wildlife unless it was a high fence area.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Sunshine,

So that’s your deer, I was under the impression that the state owned all wildlife unless it was a high fence area.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Are you impersonating P-hole?

Are you impersonating P-hole?

As for Sunshine, there’s more to the story. The deer was shot on her POSTED property. When confronted, the dude said he shot it elsewhere, then it crossed onto her property. He supposedly tracked it and finished it off there. Two problems though, he didn’t get permission to enter the property, but the biggest problem the dude had was (other than not wearing the required hunter orange), there was only ONE hole in the deer!

Granted, referring to it as “my deer” is a stretch, but I suppose it is more her’s than his when on her property.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Crappy fall - but... We've finally had a run of dry weather and my hunting/fishing has taken a hit.. Don't work Sundays so got out for a couple hours last week.

20191102_131333.jpg

Oh, and I don't know the kid that shot this - but I've known his dad for years. He'd have been nice one in a coupla years..

Resized_2.jpg
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Dang! I can’t believe he didn’t let that one walk and give him a couple more seasons to grow up! He must’a really needed the meat!

(What a friggin’ moose!)

Good google-moogly!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

Posthole, I’m actually having issues with the savage smokeless muzzleloader I’ve used for years. It is not consistently firing. I have worked on it and think I have it narrowed down to the gun powder I’m using is old. I literally had to hold a lighter on it for a couple of seconds before it lit. And when it did light it burned very slow.
    I have bought a new pound of powder but feel like I need to do a external cleaning and resighting in. With two rather big projects going on at the farm I’ve just not had the time.
    That old double trigger Renegade has never let me down and is extremely accurate. So I decided I’d go old school this year.
    It has been good too.
    I actually like it so much better.
    Savage does not make the smokeless muzzleloader any more and they are selling for about double what I paid for it.
    As soon as I know for sure it’s dependable I’m thinking of selling it.
    That black powder may be a bitch to clean but there just something about it I really like.
    Could be that I wanted one for so long and was poor as a church mouse in those days. It took me a couple of years to afford it and it sorta reminds me of how important it was to finally have.

That buck I shot the other day was trying to grow a third horn.
    519BE5E9-3DA7-4F75-BE38-E895696762FA.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I've done reached old-fart status when it comes to hunting. I've all but hung up all my firearms. However I still like seeing the success of others and always check out any hunting pics. Nice bucks y'all. However these days I fish as much or more than I ever hunted, and I hunted a LOT! I love having 7 lakes and 3 creeks all within 30 miles of my front door. One of my favorite lakes is only 15 minutes away. I'm taking full advantage of such nearby quality fishing before I become such an old fart I can't fish anymore.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Sounds like Utah was a good move, notice any difference in the kids you teach ??
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    A little. There is less drinking and drug use, but teenagers and still teenagers and they do plenty to keep you on your toes. That's code for they all do stupid stuff. However there are some super good students here as well that help offset the bad.