Posthole, I’m actually having issues with the savage smokeless muzzleloader I’ve used for years. It is not consistently firing. I have worked on it and think I have it narrowed down to the gun powder I’m using is old. I literally had to hold a lighter on it for a couple of seconds before it lit. And when it did light it burned very slow.
I have bought a new pound of powder but feel like I need to do a external cleaning and resighting in. With two rather big projects going on at the farm I’ve just not had the time.
That old double trigger Renegade has never let me down and is extremely accurate. So I decided I’d go old school this year.
It has been good too.
I actually like it so much better.
Savage does not make the smokeless muzzleloader any more and they are selling for about double what I paid for it.
As soon as I know for sure it’s dependable I’m thinking of selling it.
That black powder may be a bitch to clean but there just something about it I really like.
Could be that I wanted one for so long and was poor as a church mouse in those days. It took me a couple of years to afford it and it sorta reminds me of how important it was to finally have.