Thread: $uperbowl Commercial$

Thumbs up $uperbowl Commercial$

We watched most of the game. I was getting ready to put dinner on the grill just about the time they got started, so I put the DVR on pause until after dinner.

After it was pretty clear that the 49ers forgot there was a football game last night, we fast forwarded through a lot of the B.S. and got to the commercials.

Is it my imagination, or have the folks that come up with good ideas for commercials all retired or somesuch?
    The majority of them were just stupid to say the least.
    There were only a few that I can even remember now as being "memorable".

The one for the USO (at least I think that was the sponsor).
    The "Jamacian" VW commercial.
    The commercial for Dodge with the Paul Harvey voice-over (I sure do miss him).

.....and that's about it. I certainly did not count, but it SEEMED like there were more "network spots" than there were commercial spots. I guess they had a hard time selling air time for the snooze-fest.

OH! Jim touched on it in the other Superbowl tread. What the Hell was up with that halftime show??!!??
    Nether the wife, not I understood ONE WORD of the ....ummmm....errrr....song(¿) they were doing.
    I guess I'm just too old for Bouncie,or whatever her name is.
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I heard on the news this morning, many of the top commercial sponsors are asking for some of their money back on the high bucks commercial spots. They say most people watching might take a quick potty break or go to the kitchen for another beer .. then return to the tv. Their complaint is, with the power outage, people would take a break from the tv and not be there to sit through the commercials. Ouch!

Best entertainment of the night was the young lady who sang the National Anthem.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    I'm with ya!

I PVR'd it and fast-forward through the game, trying to find the good commercials.
    I miss the Budweiser frogs.
    I enjoy the horses, but the frogs were funnier.

I was shocked at how much sex bumps was on stage, in front of children, that watched the game.
    That wasn't family entertaining. It was man entertainment.

Couldn't understand a word either.

This world has changed, so much, in the last ten years.
    Glad I won't be around 50 yrs from now.

I miss front pouch communities, good clean family tv, kids eating dinner around the dinning room table with both parents, children raised respecting their elders, children had good work ethics, people respected others property and no gang violence.
    What a sick society we have now.

Oh and when that pretty model was kissing that ugly computer nerd, I thought I was going to be sick having to listen to the slurping.
    I have no problem with true love between two individuals, but having to listen to that was disgusting!
    All the Go Daddy commercials should have been banned.

If you type in 2013 Superbowl commercials, in your search engine, most of the videos are there.
    Believe me, they weren't good.

As far as I'm concerned the whole day was a waste, for anyone sitting in front of their tv.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 02-04-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Didn't watch much of the game and we don't see the commercials up here for some stupid reason. The ones I did catch before the game looked pretty stupid but what do I know.

Tuned in for the 1/2 time show to see what all the hype was about and YAWN. Bouncie strutting around the stage and mouthing lyrics I couldn't understand (no big loss I'm sure) was BORING. I was hoping for a 'wardrobe malfunction' or something to liven it up but no such luck. I wonder if the day of these so-called mega stars at sporting events is on the way out?

I like Beyonce, she's purty.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    My 9 year old wanted to know why she didn't have any pants on...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    For some reason, it didn't seem to bother my 13 year old.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke