Thread: Happy Birthday Fido ...

Happy Birthday Fido ...

I miss our long talks from back in the day. I hope you're driving that racecar on a golden track these days.

billsteilsfido.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    What? Did I miss something? Fido is gone?
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

You’re way behind. He passed 5/15/17.

That was toooo long for QA tooooo remember.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I remember everything unless I was stoned in a crack house with a couple of skanky meth heads ho's.

I guess that probably explains a lot
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

This place is fizzling out due to attrition. Even our young bucks are getting a bit long in the tooth these days.

Us old silverbacks know how its done though.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Dang, I just realized ol' Fido never got added to our "Gone but not forgotten" forum. I'll go ahead and post his obit there so we at least have something for him here.

William J. Steils

fidoobitpic.jpg

William J. Steils passed at his home in Cambridge, Ohio on May 15. Bill was born on November 22, 1943 to William and Susan Steils. Had reached many accomplishments in his 73 years. He graduated from Macomber High School, afterwards taking a job at the Jeep Corp. where he eventually retired as an Industrial Millwright. He served in the Air National Guard, earning certificates of achievement as a jet engine mechanic. In the 60s he ran a '55 chevy in the NHRA's modified production class. He was very good at skeet and trap and also hunted Wyoming many years for deer and antelope. The 70s saw Lake Erie come alive with Bill obtaining his 10 ton captain's license. He ran a charter boat, the "REEF HUNTER" where many hours were spent with his parents, brother, sister-in-law, and niece and nephew bringing in many a fine catch of walleye and perch. He retired in '98, moving to southern Ohio for more outdoor sports and was active in the local dirt track racing scene.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Thanks, Jim!
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    That was toooo long for QA tooooo remember.

BKB
    Nice tribute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Fido and I used to speak often on the phone. I remember one day, my cell phone rang and we had a conversation about problems he was having with his race car. Sometime during the conversation, he mentioned the fact Buzzy Reutimann lives down this way and he wished he could pick Buzzy’s brain for a bit. (Some here may recognize the name as his son David was a recent NASCAR driver). I recall laughing and said, “ Bill, you’re not gonna believe this, but I’m standing right in front of Buzzy’s shop as we speak.

I put him in contact with Buzzy and a couple weeks later, Bill called and thanked me. He’d been fighting a handling problem during the off-season and after talking with Buzzy, he nailed the problem and Bill said his car now handles like it’s on rails. Bill went on to win the championship that year!