Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFB week 14

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB week 14

10-3 last week 107-56 YTD. We've got Rivalry Week so you can toss the records out the window. Liable to be some upsets this week so I'll see if I can't pick one or three.

1) Ole Miss @ Miss st. Moorehead is less. Rebel/Black Bears/ Land Sharks 31-23 Sorry Eddie.

2) Iowa @ Neb. I like to see both these teams do well but I think Iowa does better Hawkeyes 31-17

3) Cinn @ Memphis. Two 10-1 teams, However I'm not certain the bearcats are as good as their record. Besides, Fickell needs to stay there, He's not wanted in Arkansas. Norvell on the other hand...... Memphis 28-21

4) WV @ TCU. Really tough pick here but I'm going with the Horny Toads 30-28

5) Ohio st @ Mich. As much as I'd like for this to happen, it won't. Buckeyes 42-17

6) Wisco @ Minn. I'm not sold on the Gophers. I think the Badgers win 27-23

7) Bama @ Auburn. Great defense but I don't think Auburn has enough on offense. Bama 24-17

8) A&M @ LSU. Aggies losing, Jimbo whining, I love it. LSU 45-24

9) Ncar @ NCst. Hank my friend, I hope you win but I'm picking the Tarholes 30-24

10) Iowa st @ Kstate. Looks like stormy weather in Manhatten, A cyclone is fixing to hit town. Iowa st 34-20

11) Oklahoma @ OKst. This game has a lot of potential to go either way. I really wanted to pick an upset here and I might change it before game time Sooners 35-34

12) Vir Tech @ Vir. I'll be watching this one very closely. Lots of talk about Justin Fuentes being interested in the Arkansas job so I'll be rooting for VT. I'm gonna say Tech 30-24

13) Missouri @ Arkansas. Mizzou could recruit the local nursing home and beat the Hogs. Tigers 41-20
    Last edited by quercus alba; 11-27-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I like Fuentes. I really do. But, they were about ready to run him out of town on a rail when I was there for the Firman game. Not sure he’s the answer for an SEC team.

In a lighter note:

A guy walks into a bar to watch the Tech-UVA game and has his dog with him.

He asks the bartender if the dog can be in there with him. “Why in the world should I allow that?” asks the bartender.

“Well, when the Hokies score he’ll stand on his back legs and walk down the bar and back on just two feet. And when UVA scores, he’ll walk on his front paws all the way across the bar, and back.”

“That’s pretty impressive,” notes the bartender.

“Oh, that’s nothing, when Tech wins, he’ll do backflips down the length of the bar and back,” the owner proudly proclaims.

“What will he do when UVA wins?” asks the bartender.

“Dunno, he’s only 15 years old.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

"""""1) Ole Miss @ Miss st. Moorehead is less. Rebel/Black Bears/ Land Sharks 31-23 Sorry Eddie."""""

Don't apologize.....I almost hope we lose, too, just so we can further justify sending Mo'head back to yankeeland.
    Southern Gentleman

The few Arkie alums I know are really talking like its going to be Lane Kiffin which I think is a huge mistake but I don’t know nuthin bout no foosball. Other than its the debbil.

Bedlam has the potential to be epic this year. Okie Dokie State has a very talented but very iffy transfer qb from Hawaii starting. He beat WV which is his only real cred right now. They also have their star receiver out with injuries. Chuba Hubbard is a beast at rb for them. I think it’ll be pretty one sided but lately the sooners have played one sided games that were close in score. Bottom line though is I don’t think the OSU defense can get off the field enough for them to score thge points they need to in order to win.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Eddie has to be happy with the way the Dawgs are gashing Ole Piss tonight. That Miss state D is fired up too!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Maybe I take that back.
    Viva Renaldo!

Same old crap from Moorhead.....he gets out-coached every ballgame.....mark my word, he’ll find a way to blow this 7 pt. lead, and lose this day’um ballgame.

What did I tell you.....who the fook calls a pass play on 3rd down and 2, with the SEC leading rusher in the backfield !!!!

Man what an exciting game. That PI call at the end was bs. So was the roughing penalty before that. A helluva rivalry game!
    Congrats on being bowl eligible. Those extra practices are priceless for a young team.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Lucky to get the win, in spite of Moorhead’s piss-poor coaching.

You're right, Postie, it appeared that a couple of the refs mighta been landshark/black bear alumni.

One thing is for sure, that game will go down as one, with the most unusual finishes in NCAA history.....especially, with the "pissing dog" penalty, which essentially cost Ole Piss(pun intended) the ballgame.

olpzdg.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-29-2019 at 03:36 AM.

CFB week 14

That kind of boneheaded move is what drives coaches to the broadcast booth.

Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 11-29-2019 at 02:03 PM.

It's already being dubbed as the "Piss and Miss Game"......i.e., the dog pissed and the field goal missed.

Ole Piss's trophy from last night's Egg Bowl:

hydt.jpg
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-29-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Hahahaha....you think that guy is running laps today?

Seriously, Muddy I think you are right about your coach’s play calling. But he obviously can develop talent. That’s a good looking young team. Maybe he should delegate some shit to his assistants and let the players play. Y’all are about one great player away from being really a threat in the SEC.
    QB is what I’d say was weakest.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Hogs are only about 85 players and about 8 coaches from being relevant in the CUSA
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Agreed, Postie, Moorhead just doesn't have that head coaching ability.
    Southern Gentleman

Unbelievable. I kind of feel like Gus and Call did when they found out old Pedro Flores went under. Tejas has sunk to the level ofUTEP. Or Houston, which is wheretheir coach came from.
    RIP Whorns.
    BKB

"When was the last time we had three [consecutive] winning seasons? When was the last time we had back-to-back bowl game wins? When was the last time we had two senior classes go out on top here [by winning their last home game]? So think about that, guys. As much as we want to write about it being doomsday, there are so many great things that are happening."

Chris Delconte
    UT AD
    Viva Renaldo!

it's a shame that the Buckeyes and notre dame can't sink to mediocrity and stay there
    Albert Einstein

There goes Auburn and Alabama again with their video game offenses and no defenses. Sheesh! We play D over in the Big 12.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Rumor has it that Arkansas is making an offer to Matt Campbell tonight. If he says no, Lane Kiffin is the 2nd choice. Expectations are one of them will accept
    Albert Einstein

Put a fork in Bama. They are done this year.

Do you think Saban has kicked any trashcans over that twelve men on the field penalty?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

So glad Bama isn’t gonna make the playoffs.
    Tired of looking at Saban’s bunch.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-01-2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: jjj

CFB week 14

Maybe it was just the games I watched, but I was a little disappointed with “Rivalry Weekend” overall.

I’d love to see some upsets in the conference championships to see what kind of chaos it might create.

Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 12-01-2019 at 09:24 AM.

^^^^^^I was not disappointed, at all, this weeekend!!!^^^^^^
    Southern Gentleman

That’s cause Hank is a shit disturber.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Moi?

Seriously though, isn’t it time they went to an eight team playoff? There are some pretty big fan bases that are going to be disappointed if Ohio State and LSU both lose their respective conf championships. Its not likely but it could happen. Its assumed those two teams get in regardless of what happens. Which would give us a playoff where half the field were non conf champions. And how would you leave Georgia out if they beat LSU? That’d leave four conference champs, ACC BIG12 PAC12 and Big10, vying for the remaining spot. No wonder Dabo Sweeney is bitching. He’s right!

A fine mess you’ve gotten us into, Ollie!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I think it’s time and was my big issue with having a playoff in the first place. Although, I am a bit of a contrarian. Let’s say, for example, Clempson and tOSU hold serve and LSU hands Georgia their second loss. How will the Committee tie themselves in knots trying to justify keeping the Big 12 or PAC 10 champion out?

My main disagreement with the current playoff is the process they’ve came up with to come up with the nation’s four best teams. Playoffs aren’t about selecting the four best anything. Look at the NFL or MLB playoffs. There NEVER has been a situation in either where the best teams make the playoffs. If were going to have a playoff, let’s have a rel one and stop pretending this isn’t just some gussied up BCS system that ESECPN chooses to call a playoff.
    I say that because of the FACT that this year, tOSU and LSU will make the final four regardless of the outcome of this coming weekend’s championship games.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

CFB week 14

I say make it like the original NCAA basketball tournament was. Whoever the conference champion is, as decided in whatever way each of the conferences decide, goes to the playoff. (If you cant win your conference championship, you stay home and Watch just like everybody else.) I think there’s something like 16 D1 conferences. If that’s too many games, limit it to the Power 5 and the 3 best non-power 5 schools. Except GDI’s - no independents. Screw you Notre Dame!