Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People ....

People ....

... are hard to understand sometimes.

To keep a Top Rated Seller Status on eBay, ONE of the criteria is stellar feedback ratings. Feedback consists of 4 items: 1) Item as described 2) Communication 3) Shipping time and 4) Shipping and handling charges. I stay on top of all four of those, so you'd think the ratings would be pretty much equal. What's my lowest score (and always has been) you ask? COMMUNICATION!

Let's see here ... as soon as a sale comes through, I send a nice thank you message to the buyer and let them know exactly when I'll be shipping their package. Once I ship the package, I contact the buyer and let them know it's been shipped and to contact me if ANY problems arise in the process. I also attach the tracking info so they can track their package at any time they wish, from my door to theirs. I also include a nice thank you note within the package with all of my contact info, etc, in case of a problem.

Ok, it's not a huge deal, as I maintain a 5-star rating in ALL categories, but I'm just wondering, how much frigging communication does one expect? Should I include a Thump letter with the package?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Well if your communication is anything like the book reports you post here, I can see where your rating comes from.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

I'll make this "book" a 2-word short story .... Bite Me!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I blame the USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Maybe you should start sending all your customers a survey!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Interesting I was thinking the same thing about people over the weekend, except my conclusion that people are stupid, rather hard to understand. Here is why I just can't figure out the level of stupidity of some people. I posted some photos on a popular Utah fishing Facebook page. I put up a link for the lures I was using and noted that I was able to purchase them for less than a third of the price the lures normally cost. I thought people would appreciate the opportunity to save a little money. Now for the record 90% seemed to appreciate it. Then you have that other idiotic 10%. In the diptard category I was accused of trying to promote a business for personal gain, others accused me of being pro staff and getting the lures or free, while others said I was just trying to create free advertising. Man, you just try to help few folks save some money and they go full-on brain damaged. Never mind I found the lures online and the company is based out of Arkansas. I don't even know the name of the owner or really even care. Anyway it actually pissed me off how ungrateful or accusatory people were. So my attitude currently is, I'll help anyone that takes the time to contact me through a PM, but the rest can just going on paying 3 times as much as it seems to make them happy.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    While the majority of people are stupid many combine it with assholery which magnifies their stupidity which magnifies their assholery etc etc
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

This ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    While the majority of people are stupid many combine it with assholery which magnifies their stupidity which magnifies their assholery etc etc
    100% spot on.

Sky, I've been there and done that, as well, when just trying to help out in our little community, etc.....there's always gonna be a few skeptical folks who think you're trying to make money, when you're only trying to be charitable.

I'm firmly convinced that a person could stand at the front door of any courthouse, and hand out free $10 bills, and there would be a couple of ungrateful azzholes, who would ask, "What's in it for you???", or, "Why not $20 bills???"

True story(I may have mentioned this before), when I have an abundant sweet corn crop, I share it with just about everyone in our little town.....I delivered an entire grocery bag to an older guy, who met me at the door.....just as I was walking away, he called me back, and thrust the grocery bag back into my arms......he said he didn't want the sweet corn because I hadn't shucked it for him.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-02-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

I follow a Oklahoma Artifacts group on FB and they are VERY sensitive about anyone promoting artifacts for sale. Of course, the market for native american artifacts (in our parlance ‘arrowheads and shit’) has practically ruint it for folks who just like to find and talk about them. The first question many ask is ‘What’s it worth?’. Turns me off.
    So maybe theres a sensitivity to that on that site, Troy.

But I agree wholeheartedly with QA’s postulate about assholery.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    and combine that with sitting in Mom's basement, with complete anonymity, and you can take the above statement times 10. I grew up "rural" - near several river towns. If you made statements like i see daily on some forums, you would soon be sitting on the ground bleeding out your ears..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

BBP, while I get what you are saying I'm thinking it's more along the lines of what Big Muddy said about handing out $10.00 bills.

Its awfully hard sometimes to not want to go be a hermit.

Thumper we need to issue Big Sky his Curmudgeon Badge!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

People ....

Once you get the badge, do you automatically start double-posting or does it come on gradually over time?

Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 12-03-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Snort..... that one got a real live laugh out loud outta me Troy.

Will

Troy, I’d be interested in what lites you use and whether you think the smaller versions would translate to smaller stream trout fishing back east.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Chicken Dinner, I have been buying 1/8 oz marabou jigs from d2jigs.com, but I am mostly lake fishing these days. If I was on a creek I would use a 1/16 or 1/32 oz jig. So far down here brown/orange has been the hot ticket. It worked in Montana as well but I also did well in MT with black/olive, black, and yellow/brown.

Thanks, Troy. I will check them out. I fish almost entirely small streams with ultra light gear. My success was pretty limited until 2-3 years ago when I switched from spinners to Trout Magnet jigs. They’re basically a gold or silver Shad dart with a small plastic split tail grub on the end. Orange/pink and orange/yellow have been the best with white coming in third. I mostly fish the pools and applied a couple of things I saw on one of your videos. Night and day difference in results.

Chicken Dinner get a 1/32 or 1/16 oz marabou and fish it just like the Trout Magnet with maybe just a little more jigging. I think you'll like the results.

People ....

Just placed a small order to give them a try.

This thread must be a first. A non-hunting/fishing post that turned into one.

Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 12-04-2019 at 03:39 PM.

I was thinking that same thing.

Troy - The jigs just arrived and I can’t wait to try them out. It may not be until after Christmas, but I’ll let you know how I do.

Chicken Dinner. That is great. Check out this link to see how things went for me and those jigs last Saturday. https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/ope...-trout.294313/

Sky, do you Ned rig any?

QA I've never tried it, but when I try for bass this spring I want to try it. It looks like a really effective way to fish.

QA if you like fishing those plastic stick baits ned rigged, you should try wacky rigging them and stick a small finishing nail in the end. Technically called a neko rig or something like that. You can get those baits right to the weed tops without sinking in and that can be deadly.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!