Thread: This sucks!

This sucks!

Just kidding.

Lynn and I are at the beach for some R&R and will be back home on Monday ...... but this is just practice. We'll take a few days to regroup. We'll spend NEXT Saturday in Ft. Lauderdale, then we'll be headed out to board a brand new ship for a nice Caribbean Christmas cruise (a present to ourselves). We'll make it home in time to celebrate New Year's. I'll be thinkin' of youse snowed-in Yankees while on the beach in the Bahamas .... or Turks and Caicos .... or The Dominican Republic ... or the Keys .... or ... well heck, we have a great cabin with a balcony, so why don't you just come on down and go with us!

Oh yeah ... thank you eBay!

NieuwStatendam.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

You are deplorable !!!
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar

This sucks!

Bon voyage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 12-06-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I think I'll go sit on one of the rear decks and do some trolling. I'll use LIGHT tackle to add a bit of difficulty.

trolling.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Never been on a cruise, ( did spend some time on an aircraft carrier and a LST )
    So for a belated 50th Anniversary (we're coming to our 52nd.) we're taking the entire family ( 8 grand kits, 8 adults) on a 6 day Disney Cruise just after school gets out this summer.
    From what we hear, it's just as much fun for the adults as the kids (ages 2-16). Still 6 months away, but one family has to get passports and we have to renew ours.
    Thump, have fun, and don't eat to much with all those 24 hour restaurants aboard, there still is a weight limit you know.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Our best friends did that exact same thing this year Bubba. Themselves, two sons and their wives, along with 5 grandkids. They did an Alaskan cruise while the kids were out of school for the summer. They loved it, but it's not for me. The cruises we take MIGHT have 10 kids aboard, but I never see or hear them! (the way I prefer it!)

Where are you going and what port do you leave out of?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Sounds like a fun trip Bubba. I never had much use for anything Disney until we took the kids for the first time when they were little. Seeing it through their eyes made it an entirely different experience and we’ve been back several times. Having the whole family along will make that trip amazing.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Sounds like a great family time JB. I hope they have a quiet room for you geezers though...

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

An amazing AND very expensive trip! Disney is high class with everything they do. It's way out of our price bracket though, which is fine with us as there are no kids involved in our case. We travel with the Geritol crowd where the swimming pools are always peaceful and quiet areas to relax with a Mai Tai and a good book.

"""I think I'll go sit on one of the rear decks and do some trolling. I'll use LIGHT tackle to add a bit of difficulty."""

WTF is wrong with you!!!!!.....bikinis all over that boat, and you're squeezing some frigging fish bait ???!!!!!
    Southern Gentleman

Ha! As I stated in the above post, we travel differently than most. We enjoy the quieter, more relaxing cruises on smaller ships. It sucks when you have to walk 32 miles from your cabin to the dining room and trip over 22,000 screaming little kids or fight with drunk college students on Spring Break. On the cruise ships we take, I'd rather not see most of the passengers in bikinis! The average age is probably 55 or so, but it works for us. We don't do the party boats. If I want to see bikinis, I live 30-40 mins. from Florida beaches!

So, in other words, you need the little blue pills.
    Southern Gentleman

I’m imagining Thumper holding forth with the old farts at the buffet.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    """I think I'll go sit on one of the rear decks and do some trolling. I'll use LIGHT tackle to add a bit of difficulty."""

WTF is wrong with you!!!!!.....bikinis all over that boat, and you're squeezing some frigging fish bait ???!!!!!
    He probably just wants to eat the bait...

I gots me sumpin’ youse bozos can squeeze!