Thread: QA

QA

Any late intel on the coaching search? Do you know if they’ve considered Graham Harrell? He’s a good offensive mind of the Air Raid school and they love him at USC.

Just wondering. He may have too much Te as stink on him for Arkansas though.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I'm hearing if Lane Kiffin falls through it's Butch Davis. If that happens I'm done with Arkansas football. I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm keeping one eye on the fan portal
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

My God. Who’s next, Larry Coker?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Norvell was mentioned for the Hogs, last night at another meeting, if FSU rejects him.
    Southern Gentleman

He’d be a good one.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Norvell was snubbed for Chad Morass, I doubt he'd come if we backed the Brinks truck up to his house.

Posty some idiot even suggested Mike Ditka, nobody knows anything except we interviewed Kiffin.

I'm not optimistic
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I don’t mean this to sound like an insult as NC State has been, fairly in my mind, accused of this in basketball. But, it strikes me that the fan bases opinion of the opportunity does not match up with that of the potential coaching pool. Fayetville, Arkansas and the opportunity to get your head beat in by Bama and LSU twice a year is just not all that attractive to an established coach looking for a second chance. Y’all need to focus on trying to catch lightning in a bottle with an up and comer looking to break into the big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Actually, the hardest part of that job is the Arkansas fans. They’ve never met a persecution complex they didn’t like. They donors live in the time of Frank Broyles, when Arkansas was a pretty consistently a damn good team. When I was a kid I was a huge hog fan and my Dad would fight you over them. i took him to the 76 Orange Bowl and because I’d acquired the tickets from an OU student we sat right in the student section. He called the Hogs the whole game and the fans around us were awesome about. Dad was crippled on his right side and had a speech defect from a stroke. ‘Can’t speak plain language’, he’d say in perfectly pla8n language.
    Anyway, they won’t listen, but their demise began when they moved to the SEC. Had they joined the Big 12, then I think Mizzou would have stayed and there would have been a strong northern half of the Big 12. And Texas is where they need to recruit, not Florida.

Fayetteville is an awesome city and that part of the state has awesome two lane highways to ride motorcycles on and stuff.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I hear they’ve got some good looking volleyball players, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

The new razorbacks coach!

7A3EC972-A997-4C6A-AE59-714367E5ABD5.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Maybe they could team up for the Hogs:

jvd.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Haha, Luther is the DC and Dauber is the OC!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Haha, Luther is the DC and Dauber is the OC!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

After a month of interviews and about a million frequent flyer miles Arkansas's coaching search debacle has ending with the hiring of Sam Pittman (Bret Beilima 2.0), whose only head coaching experience was at the high school and jr college level. Not even a coordinator, a position coach.

In case you can't tell, I'm underwhelmed and flush with excitement nearly to the point of being speechless
    Albert Einstein

I think they putzed around too friggin long.

Pittman isn’t a flashy choice but he ought to help recruiting, and in recruiting at Arkansas there’s noplace to go but up. He seems to be well thought of at Georgia.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

QA, Pittman has a real good resume’, a ton of experience, great recruiter, and has terrific references from successful high-ranking coaches.....he had a falling out with Bilema over some questionable recruiting tactics that Bilema wanted Pittman to participate in, and Pittman refused, and left Arkansas.....best I can tell, he has never been fired from any coaching or assistant positions, he has only left and taken positions which improved his career.
    I’d say ya’ll made a good hire.....jmho.
    Southern Gentleman