Thread: Even a blind squirrel..

Even a blind squirrel..

..you know what they say.

5C5DDEF6-7FB3-4775-8B1F-C693C6EF89CF.jpg

Birddog and I fished a coal pit today up near Winganon, Ok. We call it ‘the Y’ because well, its Y shaped. And about 20’ at its deepest part, prolly 10 acres total. Maybe a little over that. Clear water, mucky shale bottom with a few rocky shelves here and there. A few blowdowns. Its where I caught a 10-2 in May 2008.
    Lots of wildlife out today and it was a nice December day. Light breezes some clouds and chilly, 40s, in the am and it cleared off by 11:00. It was 55 when we left.
    Today makes another year Keith andi have fished every month of the year. We made it our New Years Resolution in 2008 inhonor of Bassdog who passed in Nov ‘07. We’ve missed a month in only two years since. One for a horrible February where we had shitty weather all month and once in 2016 for cancer. Not a bad record.

This fish weighed 6-4 and was caught on a 300 series deep running Bandit crankbait. i was searching for crappie with it and we found some slabs. none kept today as we were just hare lipping all we could.

A great day outside! I’m thankful!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Nice feesh!

(Insert Bwana’s sister comment here.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Only one post???

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    he's defying the laws of gravity fishing like that. Isaac Newton would be appalled
    Last edited by quercus alba; 12-14-2019 at 12:53 PM.