Thread: We got us a new MS State coach and I'm thrilled !!!!!....

We got us a new MS State coach and I'm thrilled !!!!!....

We just hired Mike Leach outta Washington State.....he wasn't my first choice, but he is a dang good hire for us.....I knew he had been mentioned as a possible hire, but I really didn't think he would leave Wash. St.
    This is gonna be a day'um fun ride.....it'll be a real nice change, just to see an enthusiastic coach, roaming the sidelines and raising hell.....Moorhead was a nice guy, but Leach is the entire opposite of Moorhead's sideline demeanor, and that's what we've been yearning for here at MS State for the past two years.....Moorhead had no enthusiasm, charisma, or social personality, whatsoever, and he dang sure wasn't the "offensive guru" that he was alledged to be.

Who woulda thought that an Ole Miss player pissing like a dog in the end zone would result in both MS State and Ole Miss, firing their coaches, and Kiffin and Leach landing both jobs here in MS.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-09-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Do's and don'ts expectations with Mike Leach

Do's
    1) Expect to win a lot of 55-45 games
    2) Expect lots of interesting sound bytes
    3) Expect to see lots of fans in pirate gear going ARRRGGG
    4) Expect to see the Egg Bowl get even hotter
    5) Expect a bowl game almost every year with most of them being in the upper mid-level class

1) Don't expect top 25 recruiting classes based on Leach's recruiting ability
    2) Don't expect to lead the SEC in rushing
    3) Don't expect to have a top 10 defense
    4) Don't expect him and Saban to pal around on Nick's boat
    5) Don't expect Craig James to become a MSU fan

Ha, good advice, and I’m quite familiar with Mike’s shenanigans, as well as his football savvy.....and, we’ll gladly take his good with the bad.....and, don’t worry about Craig James, we loathe his sorry azz, down here, and he knows it.

I wish I could locate Mike’s story about him visiting the MS State locker room, years ago, and our coach removed everything outta the dressing room except two nails on the wall for each visiting player to hang their clothes.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-09-2020 at 06:29 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Congrats! I like Mike Leach a lot! He was our OC in the ‘99 season. A great qb developer. Tighten up that seat belt! It will be interesting to see the air raid come to the SEC, Mike Leach style. If he can hire a decent DC y’all will be dangerous. I hope he wins a lot. And I hope Texas Tech fans havevto watch every minute of it. He got screwed there.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!