Nice find! Man-o-man, tamales are one of my all-time favorite foods (good tamales that is). When I was in L.A., I swear every Mexican family in town would get together and make tamales at Christmas time and I'd score big time. Half my customers would bring me a big ol' sack of tamales for Christmas and I'd end up freezing enough to last me until the following Christmas!

Back in my old motorcycle racing days, I spent a LOT of time in Baja and my favorite place for tamales was a little mom and pop bakery in Rosarito Mexico. I'd get 4 for $1 back then. If I wasn't racing, I had the keys to a little house on the beach (belonged to an old girlfriend and the family let me use it anytime I wanted) and I'd many times just head down for the weekend. I'd load my cooler full of Coronas as soon as I hit TJ, then head on down to Rosarito to pick up a load of tamales, then get settled into the little beachfront villa. I'd take a small cooler full of cold cerveza, a pile'o tamales, a bottle of hot sauce and a beach chair down to the water's edge and have at it! If I didn't stay in Rosarito, I'd many times head on down to spend my weekends in Encenada, but I'd always stop on my way through Rosarito at my favorite little bakery and buy a pile of tamales for the trip south. Wow, great memories!

There are a few places here locally with decent tamales, but nothing like I'd get in Mexico ... which was practically my home away from home when I lived in L.A. Lynn and I did find a little roadside vendor a month or so ago (the week before we took our last cruise) and he had some darn decent tamales. He said he's there every Sunday, so we marked the spot on our GPS. He said his wife makes the tamales and he opens his stand every Sunday morning, then stays until he sells out. We brought a batch home, ate some and froze the rest, but we'll be going back. His price is $10/dozen, but he (she) sure doesn't skimp on the meat and they have just the right balance of meat and masa.

Dang it! Now I'm hungry!