Thread: Found a new place....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Must be the outlier. I love me some Mexican food. But, tamales don’t do much for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    Must be the outlier. I love me some Mexican food. But, tamales don’t do much for me.
    If that's so, I'd have to guess you've never had GOOD tamales. Like anything else, there is a huge difference. There are also different types ... some I'm not as fond of as others. Different countries, different regions of the same country, etc. etc. etc. all make a difference. I guess saying you don't like tamales can be the same as saying you don't like sandwiches. If my first sandwich were an olive loaf, sardine and Marmite sammich, I'd be a bit turned off on "sammiches". Heck, I'm a BBQ sammich (usually pulled pork) connoisseur and ... although VERY rarely ... I've had BBQ sammiches that weren't worth eating.

That said, I've ordered tamales at restaurants before and they've brought them to me on a plate all covered with enchilada sauce. WTF??? Get that shit off my tamales and bring me a bottle of hot sauce!

Those that Mudward posted above "look" damn good, but you don't really know until you dig into it. The ones that piss me off are the ones that "look" good, but once you get into it, it's a big ol' wad of masa and a little hunk of meat inside. Kind'a like the "pork" in a can of Pork & Beans. WTF?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    If that's so, I'd have to guess you've never had GOOD tamales. Like anything else, there is a huge difference. There are also different types ... some I'm not as fond of as others. Different countries, different regions of the same country, etc. etc. etc. all make a difference. I guess saying you don't like tamales can be the same as saying you don't like sandwiches. If my first sandwich were an olive loaf, sardine and Marmite sammich, I'd be a bit turned off on "sammiches". Heck, I'm a BBQ sammich (usually pulled pork) connoisseur and ... although VERY rarely ... I've had BBQ sammiches that weren't worth eating.

That said, I've ordered tamales at restaurants before and they've brought them to me on a plate all covered with enchilada sauce. WTF??? Get that shit off my tamales and bring me a bottle of hot sauce!

Those that Mudward posted above "look" damn good, but you don't really know until you dig into it. The ones that piss me off are the ones that "look" good, but once you get into it, it's a big ol' wad of masa and a little hunk of meat inside. Kind'a like the "pork" in a can of Pork & Beans. WTF?
    The man doesn’t like tamales. Get up off him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk