Thread: What really bugs me is...

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

What really bugs me is...

Aside from all the stupid stuff politicians say and do, one thing that is really starting to get on my last nerve is the waste of money spent on trying to take down President Trump. Let me just clarify I'm not on the Trump Train. I think he says some of the most incredibly stupid things I've ever heard any president say. However what he does and says seem to be two different things. He does get things done, but at the cost of being a public embarrassment about half the time. The democratic party has fallen so far to the left I'm not even sure if they are from this planet. However they seem to have nothing better to do than attack the Trump administration. It has been one accusation after another adding up to millions and millions of our tax dollars that could have been spent on much more productive things. Now with this impeachment its way over red line with me. It will drag on and on, and every second it does is costing every working American. I hope this fall that that it's a clean sweep and the democratic party finds themselves largely unemployed (like so many of their supporters.) With that said, I'm not overly thrilled about the republican party either and do not think they are the cure for all that is troubling this country. I've come to the conclusion that pretty much any decent man or women would never run for a political position. It's almost like you need a mental screw loose to even get involved. I'm just about at the point where the best I can hope for is that I die in the next 25-30 years and that the country lasts that long. However for my kids sake, I hope things turn around and get a lot better. I'm not sure that is an option anymore though. Okay there is my rant for the day.

Just my own personal opinion, but if politics makes you wanna die early you need to rearrange what’s important.

I have strong opinions about politics too, as you know, and I can’t understand how anyone can support this draft dodging, lying, cheating, mothereffer.

But he, and the rest of the d’s and r’s aren’t even close to my top 100 when it comes to what I’d want to live or die for. Every dem in the universe could get elected and it wouldn’t change the things I care about most. Same for the r’s.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    what if they place a ban on soft plastic lures?

They’ll get my soft plastics when they pry my cold dead hands off my jig bag.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I'm going to fish more soft plastics this year in some different ways, Ned rig, Wacky rig and I've got night crawlers galore so I might wacky rig some live bait and try it if I can keep the bream off it

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    25-30 years isn't early...it puts me at 80 to 85 years old and that's more than enough. I have zero desire to get any older than that. In fact that might even be too old for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Amen!
    Viva Renaldo!

Ditto on your initial post there B/S. I've "kind of" gotten over the embarrassment when Trump opens his mouth or tweets something stupid. Maybe I'm just getting used to it. That said, he does amaze me in some ways. During the campaign he was calling Jeb Bush "Low Energy" and made similar comments about the other candidates. I thought it was just his typical mouth running out of control, BUT ... I honestly don't understand where he gets his energy. He's 73 frigging years old! He only sleeps a few hours per night and is on the go non-stop. The guy never takes a break! Dang, it seems Obama was off on vacation with the family every three weeks for his whole term, but if Trump takes a "break", it's a working vacation. When I travel for a vacation, I always need a few days rest when I get home! Congress hasn't had time to do squat for this country as the Dems have been doing nothing but trying every way they can think of to bring Trump down ... while the Reps have to constantly fight them off. The Russian collusion b/s went nowhere, so they just dug until they could find some other piddly-assed b/s to focus on. Trump is like a one-man Army and he puts his money where his mouth is ... when he says he's going to do something, he DOES it ... even while having to fight tooth and nail for every inch he gains. I can't imagine what could be accomplished if Congress got off their collective asses and worked just HALF as hard as this President has been working. And you're right ... the money spent on this bullshit just floors me.

Crap, I'm ready to write a book here, but I feel my blood pressure rising as I type. I'll spare you dufes and bail out'ta this convo. I just hope he wins re-election by a landslide just to see the Dems implode.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    Aside from all the stupid stuff politicians say and do, one thing that is really starting to get on my last nerve is the waste of money spent on trying to take down President Trump. Let me just clarify I'm not on the Trump Train. I think he says some of the most incredibly stupid things I've ever heard any president say. However what he does and says seem to be two different things. He does get things done, but at the cost of being a public embarrassment about half the time. The democratic party has fallen so far to the left I'm not even sure if they are from this planet. However they seem to have nothing better to do than attack the Trump administration. It has been one accusation after another adding up to millions and millions of our tax dollars that could have been spent on much more productive things. Now with this impeachment its way over red line with me. It will drag on and on, and every second it does is costing every working American. I hope this fall that that it's a clean sweep and the democratic party finds themselves largely unemployed (like so many of their supporters.) With that said, I'm not overly thrilled about the republican party either and do not think they are the cure for all that is troubling this country. I've come to the conclusion that pretty much any decent man or women would never run for a political position. It's almost like you need a mental screw loose to even get involved. I'm just about at the point where the best I can hope for is that I die in the next 25-30 years and that the country lasts that long. However for my kids sake, I hope things turn around and get a lot better. I'm not sure that is an option anymore though. Okay there is my rant for the day.
    I really authored all the above.. Sky just said it better.. This whole thing has gotten completely out of hand..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar