If so, prepare for a few laughs. As mentioned elsewhere, I sell a LOT of antique electric fans on eBay and I belong to a forum much like this one that is dedicated to fan collectors. I was catching up on some posts last night and got sucked into one of those that kept on going (there are 8 pages) and I just couldn't stop reading. Now, I'm sure most of you don't understand how interesting the posts could possibly be from a bunch of fan enthusiasts, but this is a bit different. One guy started a thread containing old newspaper articles about injuries and deaths, etc. caused by those demon electric fans! Of course, these were the early days of electricity and long before the formation of O.S.H.A. From some of the articles, it's also obvious people really had no grasp on how electricity actually works. Many would be working on a fan but never turned the power off or simply unplugged it first. An example is, in one article, a fan (going by memory here and may have forgotten some of the facts) fell over and went rolling through a store like an out of control monster, damaging displays, cabinets, etc. Everyone ran out of the store and were outside witnessing the destruction. A firefighter finally arrived and suggested someone turn the power off!

I love some of the wording used back in the day. Here's one from 1932 about one of P-hole's relatives.

Okie fan accident 1932.jpg

Speaking of wording ... many of the articles described electric fans as monster demons out to destroy the world. This is sad, but I'll admit, it caught me just right and I busted out laughing until tears ran down my cheek. It's the wording that got to me, not the subject matter.

fan beat brains 2.jpg

Anyway, you get the idea. If you want a few laughs, you may want to peruse these for a while. (as I said, this thread is 8-pages long)

http://www.afcaforum.com/forum1/48056-1.html